It’s mostly letters that redirected - companies, etc keep people’s addresses on their files for yearsfunkflex55 wrote: ↑Yesterday, 22:57Maybe I'm wrong but RM should fix it and the customer shouldn't be so thick as to order parcels to their old address!![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A few questions for posties already doing dm26.
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2128
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: A few questions for posties already doing dm26.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4127
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: A few questions for posties already doing dm26.
I think sometimes folk don't check properly when they order stuff from places they've used previously, I slipped up when we last moved, paid by PayPal it automatically filled in the old address which I hadn't changed, only last week I spotted an evri package left on a doorstep for someone who moved out at least two years ago so they obviously didn't notice when they ordered whatever it was .qwerty2 wrote: ↑Today, 07:48It’s mostly letters that redirected - companies, etc keep people’s addresses on their files for yearsfunkflex55 wrote: ↑Yesterday, 22:57Maybe I'm wrong but RM should fix it and the customer shouldn't be so thick as to order parcels to their old address!![]()
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: A few questions for posties already doing dm26.
Letters of course. I suspect there have been cases where people have been told to take out the third frame first which would account for some of the cutoffs littering the place. The way you put that, though, really just brings to mind memories of lapsing duties bursting out of the frame and being told to clear that first. Which is really what I think this is in disguise. And much like lapsing, when finish time rolls round either it or part of the walk that had to be sacrificed to do the lapsing will be coming back.postslippete wrote: ↑Today, 07:37So how come management hasn't then told them to pick workload off the 3rd frame first? Is it just parcels or mail on that round that isn't being picked up?
In order to make it possible they'd have to put even more duties back in, which defeats the real purpose of DM26 which is to align service with whatever diminshed army the company can retain. I reckon we'd need ~1 man-hour per pod removed, requiring another ~5 duties be reinstated. That would, in fact, bring us very close to the number of duties in the office before P&L and the much discussed glory days of 2006. There is then the non-trivial matter of finding someone to do them. Maybe the open day that was announced will discover some talented (but mainly poor and desperate) people who will take up the job.
The machine stops.