Currently off this week and noticed i missed the holiday payment because of a 3 week sick absence in August.
Sickening considering how many hours overtime i have done for the past 6 months.
Maybe Martin Walsh would care to explain why a Union would agree to such a deal in the first place ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday Pay
-
redlen
- Posts: 1349
- Joined: 21 Dec 2021, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday Pay
The reason is that they bottled it
At the start, the CWU was very enthusiastic and militant in encouraging employees to submit their employment tribunal claims. They even got the individual branch offices to help fill in those ET1 claims.
It got to a stage the government got involved as it overloaded the HM Courts and Tribunal Servcice.
It was agreed the CWU submit a few test cases to the tribunal service based on a collective action.
Next we heard the CWU had done this travesty of a deal puitting employees at a financial disadvantage and that employees were still free to individually submit ET1 claims. If they did they would get no further legal support from the CWU.
Put simply, the CWU threw in the towel.
At the start, the CWU was very enthusiastic and militant in encouraging employees to submit their employment tribunal claims. They even got the individual branch offices to help fill in those ET1 claims.
It got to a stage the government got involved as it overloaded the HM Courts and Tribunal Servcice.
It was agreed the CWU submit a few test cases to the tribunal service based on a collective action.
Next we heard the CWU had done this travesty of a deal puitting employees at a financial disadvantage and that employees were still free to individually submit ET1 claims. If they did they would get no further legal support from the CWU.
Put simply, the CWU threw in the towel.
-
tramssirhc
- Posts: 1967
- Joined: 04 Sep 2012, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday Pay
The CWU prioritised the industry before it's members. The law is clear that workers should not suffer a detriment for taking time off.hero22 wrote: ↑Yesterday, 23:27Currently off this week and noticed i missed the holiday payment because of a 3 week sick absence in August.
Sickening considering how many hours overtime i have done for the past 6 months.
Maybe Martin Walsh would care to explain why a Union would agree to such a deal in the first place ?
"The leadership will sabotage the fight and only make the slightest move under fear of powerful working class action" - Des Warren
-
funkflex55
- Posts: 803
- Joined: 04 Sep 2022, 22:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday Pay
The CWU always throw in the towel. Royal mail from what I've seen in recent years have become quite good a stopping these holiday payments by blocking OT in offices. Unless you really need it I would stop doing OT. The place would fall apart. They need to either give out better contracts or stop stealing money from the staff.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1506
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday Pay
It remains the most disgraceful thing from my time at Royal Mail. CWU instructed branches to do a vote - ours was done on Facebook but was one of the very few to vote against the deal. The rest followed the unions advice and accepted it.
I don’t know if I’m proud of this, but a little don’t get mad get even story for you all:
After the ruling and subsequent non payment of legally owed holiday pay, I simply stopped doing any OT. I worked out I was shafted to the equivalent of either 13 or 17 hours worth (I can’t remember which). I made it known I’d not do a single minute of OT until that was paid. About 14 months later, still on my OT ban, there was a deep rural that hadn’t gone for 3 days, only 2 people knew it, me and the duty holder (who was off sick). The managers had gone out to do the specials and that was it and even then they couldn’t find one of the properties. Tracked were simply kept in the office and put as inaccessible. I was about to start my 2 days off and one of the decent managers (they do exist) asked what would it take for me to work my days off. I was paid to work both days off, plus an extra 13 (or 17) hours on top.
I should add this was before SISO, when there were deals going on all over.
I don’t know if I’m proud of this, but a little don’t get mad get even story for you all:
After the ruling and subsequent non payment of legally owed holiday pay, I simply stopped doing any OT. I worked out I was shafted to the equivalent of either 13 or 17 hours worth (I can’t remember which). I made it known I’d not do a single minute of OT until that was paid. About 14 months later, still on my OT ban, there was a deep rural that hadn’t gone for 3 days, only 2 people knew it, me and the duty holder (who was off sick). The managers had gone out to do the specials and that was it and even then they couldn’t find one of the properties. Tracked were simply kept in the office and put as inaccessible. I was about to start my 2 days off and one of the decent managers (they do exist) asked what would it take for me to work my days off. I was paid to work both days off, plus an extra 13 (or 17) hours on top.
I should add this was before SISO, when there were deals going on all over.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
hero22
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday Pay
Its infuriating, worked out i missed out on an average of 19 hours because i missed a target by 6 hours due to a back injury that kept me off for 3 weeks. More than likely caused by the ever increasing demands within work but sure “prove it”. Why there wasn’t a sick clause put into the deal is madness.
As much as i would love to say stick your overtime, it does come in useful with cost of everything these days.
Its genuinely hard to have faith in a union that persistently seems to make decisions to the benefit of the Royal Mail leadership.
As much as i would love to say stick your overtime, it does come in useful with cost of everything these days.
Its genuinely hard to have faith in a union that persistently seems to make decisions to the benefit of the Royal Mail leadership.