ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard 2016/2017 Pay Rate

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
tabact

Post by tabact »

knsue1 wrote:ive just rang angard re joining their agency as im on royal mail waiting list
where are all these rates of pay coming from im in London and the rates read to me just now are as follows
6am-10pm shift £7.20
10pm-6am £7.35
8.35 sundays?
sounds more realistic for agency pay got quite excited reading the posts on here re much higher rates ?
You are on minimum wage for the first 12 weeks worked. The AWR kicks in once you have completed 12 weeks and is the higher rate people talk about. The 12 qualifying weeks don't have to be consecutive but you can't have a gap of more than 6 weeks between shifts or you start back at week one. You should expect around £12 to £14 an hour once qualified depending on which shift you are working.

knsue1

Post by knsue1 »

Thankyou is this 12 full weeks ? What happens if you only work two shifts per week for example?
kasu

Post by kasu »

Just one shift a week is fine....as long as you get a payslip with something on it. Even your induction shift count as one shift.

Its way above market rate for the nature of the work and though the many negatives listed on this forum are all true....in terms of an hourly rate for unskilled labour its very good. You'll most probably struggle for shifts after Xmas though so its more seasonal or a good second job to top up your income year round.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I have heard that if you work more than 34 hours or so in a week, the excess hours are paid at a lower rate. Is there any truth in this?
tabact

Post by tabact »

The overtime rate kicks in after 35 hours 40 mins. The first 10 hours are paid at a lower rate than your normal hourly rate and it drops again if you do more than 10 hours overtime. The biggest con is If you work a Sunday in a week where you have done over 35 hours 40 minutes, all the Sunday hours revert to Sunday overtime rate unlike the Mon-Sat rates where it only drops for the number of hours over 35 hours 40 mins worked. No explanation given for why Sunday is different and appears purely to save on the wage bill.

I got caught out on this and now won't do over 35 hours if I've worked a Sunday. The Sunday overtime rate for me is just over £6 hour lower than the normal rate. If you take the normal day rate then the o/t rate is roughly a £1 lower for the first 10 hours then £1.40 lower over 10 hours. The rate is applicable to all shifts other than Sundays or bank holidays so the drop is more noticeable on lates or nights. The Sunday rate is higher than the base overtime rate but only by around £1.90.

I believe the lower rate is due to various allowances not being included in overtime rates, have a search round the forum for overtime rates with Royal Mail. Why the o/t rate starts at 35 hours 40 mins instead of 39 hours like Royal Mail I have no idea, never got an explanation. It's a rare occurence to hit the overtime rate so apart from the Christmas period not really an issue normally.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The drop in rates for overtime is due to the AWR rules and the fact that at 39 and 50 hours the overtime rate is lower that the hourly rate + supplements for contracted Royal Mail Posties.

That's also why your overtime rates start at 35hrs 40 minutes, its to match the 40 minutes PAID meal reliefs we get, as you are not paid for your breaks. Essentially, although it is complicated once Angard employees have qualified under AWR if they do 55 Hours work in a week, they should be paid the same as a regular worker doing the same hours. This is the way they have decided to do it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Thanks tabact and TBT for explaining. I'm getting so few shifts at the moment, it's unlikely to be an issue, but handy to know.
kevin1968

Post by kevin1968 »

I work the 6pm to 10 pm at chester MC, should my hourly rate be £11.85 and not £10.83 Angard payroll are paying me, Had an email back saying pay rate can vary when working different shifts, I only work the late shift am I being underpaid just sick of emailing them every week and being fobbed off every time and not being given a straight answer.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Only Angard can tell you what your particular pay rate should be as there are so many different rates depending on where, when you work and how long you've worked for Angard. The only way is to keep emailing them asking what your hourly rates are and eventually somebody will respond. Ask for all the different pay rates not just for lates. The other golden rule is only ask one question in an email because they never answer two questions at a time for some reason.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I think "your rates will vary and are averaged" is a standard email they send out whenever someone queries their rate of pay for a shift. They said that to me when I was underpaid for an evening shift. I'd worked an evening and a night that week, but was paid the day rate for the evening shift.

I replied to them asking how that's possible - you can't average two rates of pay and come out with an even lower one! In the end I had to phone payroll who admitted the mail centre had cocked up and put me down for day hours instead of evening. It got sorted eventually.

I do get the impression some mail centres will try it on, hoping the staff won't query their pay!
dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

I have e mailed Angard 3x during the past 2 weeks asking for a list of pay rates for Chester Mail centre after the 12 week initial period.

Still waiting for a response from the jokers.

Why do they make things so damn difficult ?
dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

Kevin1968

Do you have an email address I can contact you on as I would like to talk to you about pay rates off forum ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dancingqueen wrote:Kevin1968

Do you have an email address I can contact you on as I would like to talk to you about pay rates off forum ?
Every member here has a personal message facility - just click on the Image of the member you wish to send a message to. Its all private, unless reported to Admin, not even we can read them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

Will do. Thanks for info.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Can anyone clarify whether or not Sunday enhanced rates apply for Sunday nightshift, i.e. does the Sunday nightshift rate apply Sunday night-Monday morning or is it Saturday night-Sunday morning?