ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday Pay?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
DickQuick9

Re: Holiday Pay?

Post by DickQuick9 »

No Holiday Pay received. Owed 18.5 hours at 6.08 for 4 weeks, finished Dec 23.

Have no intention of filling in any forms to get money owed. Will wait 'til Monday to call as no response from e-mails.

Thinking of sending them my phone bill to pay as 0845 numbers are adding up.

Guardian newspaper should be running a story on Angard very shortly. Several of us have suppled information of gross incompetence & possible illegality.

Dai Vert

Post by Dai Vert »

Had e-mail this pm from Guardian journo saying that article, if it appears, will be in this Sunday's Observer, but will also be on Guardian website.

Like you Dick, I finished my Christmas Casual contract on 23 December, but Angard are trying to say that I am still an Angard worker, despite no invitations for further shifts since I finished at Christmas!! Also, fact that I was only ever invited to be a Christmas Casual and my pass clearly had an expiry date of 23/12/2011.
Do keep all details of bank charges and phone costs, as Angard are on record as saying all expense claims will be considered, albeit on an individual basis.

I was promised my Holiday pay today, by quite senior Angard person, but, as you might have guessed on past form, nothing happened. In fact nothing was all that appeared in my bank account!
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

Nothing seems to be automatic with Angard when all went smooth with the Royal Mail Group Ltd payroll the 2 previous years working as a Christmas Casual.
It is one of the outstanding things to resolve for my time working 19 nights. I have phoned them twice this week, details taken but no reply.
It is part of the contract which I never received but have read it on this forum.

Last year worked 20 nights and got Holiday Pay calculated at 16.38 hrs = £132.34 gross . It was paid 14 Jan
stevenh1

Post by stevenh1 »

I contacted Angard on monday (16th) regards holiday pay still outstanding (14 hours +), details taken, but as usual no payment or call back. ACAS who are acting on my behalf ET1 also contacted me same day to say they have spoken to Reed (Angard) and would speak to them again regarding outstanding holiday pay!!!
nliberta

Post by nliberta »

i spoke to a lady today and she actually told me that they are going to pay all the holiday money owed by the 3rd of feb. Rather confusing as some people who i worked with and finished at the same time, have got theirs today without their P45. So hopefully it be payed soon. Such a nitemare.
laurie21

Post by laurie21 »

I got paid my holiday pay automatically yesterday, I didn't even know about holiday pay, but got paid yesterday and received a letter of them explaining it with a pay slip, seems i'm an exception.
mahrm1

Post by mahrm1 »

laurie21 wrote:I got paid my holiday pay automatically yesterday, I didn't even know about holiday pay, but got paid yesterday and received a letter of them explaining it with a pay slip, seems i'm an exception.
On the payslip did it actually say Holiday Pay - £
jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

Was paid Holiday Pay yesterday. Originally requested it on 5th January and was told via email it was being processed, then nothing until I chased it up again this week. Received a revised 'what you earned' statement and holiday pay slip today.
laurie21

Post by laurie21 »

mahrm1 wrote:
laurie21 wrote:I got paid my holiday pay automatically yesterday, I didn't even know about holiday pay, but got paid yesterday and received a letter of them explaining it with a pay slip, seems i'm an exception.
On the payslip did it actually say Holiday Pay - £
yepp it said holiday pay :)
radar360

Post by radar360 »

I rang Angard head office up again, yesterday and had a good chat with"tom" who seemed human. He explained to me that I couldn't have my holiday until I had my p45 from Angard, which means that I will no longer work for Angard. They still owe me 37 odd hours from before Christmas and two weeks ago. I'm logging all my calls, emails and costs to myself (even looking at the outstanding amount, I apparently owe Angard, for advances). I think it's gonna be a long day in court.
nickj15

Post by nickj15 »

On Monday this week, 23rd Jan, I spoke to Jessie at Angard and she said that the holiday pay will be paid on Fri 3rd Feb. She said that the P45 will be sent out on same date. Now why don't I trust this will actually happen.....
Verging

Post by Verging »

radar360 wrote:I rang Angard head office up again, yesterday and had a good chat with"tom" who seemed human. He explained to me that I couldn't have my holiday until I had my p45 from Angard, which means that I will no longer work for Angard. They still owe me 37 odd hours from before Christmas and two weeks ago. I'm logging all my calls, emails and costs to myself (even looking at the outstanding amount, I apparently owe Angard, for advances). I think it's gonna be a long day in court.
If they owe you hours for work these should be done prior to your holiday pay - hours worked contribute to holiday pay. Your holiday pay will need to be worked out and should be paid prior to your P45 as your holiday pay has to be included in your P45. There is no reason why they should not pay worked hours and holiday pay on the same pay slip but the P45 should include both of these.
Please vote in the Pay Poll http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 47&t=41499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamesbcd

Post by Jamesbcd »

Received what I believe to be holiday pay today. No pay slip for it though.

19.6 hours owed, received £80.28. Seems about right as I am on emergency tax..
Chandrabose

Post by Chandrabose »

Can anyone tel me how to apply for P45?
csm
PARCELFORCE

Post by csm »

Chandrabose wrote:Can anyone tel me how to apply for P45?
It should be sent to you automatically after your contract is finished and you have received all money owed (including holiday pay)