ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The stupidity that is letting Royal Mail fail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

The stupidity that is letting Royal Mail fail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -mail-fail

Readers respond to an article by a former Royal Mail employee about his disillusionment with the job

I fear that Gareth Roberts’ experiences are all too believable (Working for the Royal Mail sounded like an ideal job. But I discovered it’s falling apart, just like its vans, 8 April). Royal Mail delivery offices used to be havens of order, process and camaraderie where, before satnav, a delivery driver could call in to find out where Rose Cottage, Obscure Village, was – sometimes to be told that the owner was having an affair with the librarian so he should just leave the parcel there. Such value cannot be monetised, of course, so it can be dispensed with. Conservative policy is not so much evil as extraordinarily stupid.
Phil Green
Lewes, East Sussex

What a coincidence that Gareth Roberts’ article was published just as I had to redeliver four letters to a neighbour that were wrongly delivered to me, and a further one to another street. This was after a postal famine of several days. Another neighbour had no mail for 10 days, then 12 letters (all 1st class) all on the same day. We have all lived at these addresses for more than 40 years. Please don’t anyone say that privatisation has nothing to do with this.
Jane Ghosh
Bristol

I read with despair Gareth Roberts’ unflinching account of his work with Royal Mail. We are lucky to have a young man who delivers our mail in all weathers and gives me a smile and a wave through the kitchen window. He knows I’m deaf and I told him he was a star. These are the people who know our community and will be deeply missed if the “machine” is broken.
Jean Jackson
Seer Green, Buckinghamshire
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

scotchy1962

Re: The stupidity that is letting Royal Mail fail

Post by scotchy1962 »

Unfortunately this is called progress. All of the above posties have probably already left or retired early to get away from what RM has become.
Nowadays knowledge isn't valued, unlike in days gone by when it would be nurtured, and as long as it's cheap they don't care. I know it's all about profit but with no customer confidence how do you expect to get any?
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CarryingMGMT »

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Well said Scotchy, you seem to be one of the few left with a voice of reason on here. Couldn't agree more.
George50

Post by George50 »

I blame the old guard.easy rounds best of everything but now times there ara a changing
scotchy1962

Post by scotchy1962 »

George50 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 18:52
I blame the old guard.easy rounds best of everything but now times there ara a changing
Ahhh George the blame the old guard rant. If only you knew, but then again it's a pointless argument. Some people just like to try to wind up/troll.
Anywho George i am sure you will be a asset to RM and i wish you well.
Postmanham

Post by Postmanham »

Dont know what you've got till its gone.
Never a truer word spoken.
In the next few years this is what people will be saying about a once great institution
And it will be gone because of bad management but mostly greed. Strip everything down to the bare bones so a few(very few) can benefit financially. And the many are left counting the cost!!!
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

Postmanham wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 23:28
In the next few years this is what people will be saying about a once great institution
The future is patterned after the past, in this case a whole load of grumbling but no action which will guarantee it'll happen.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?