A lot of our fleet of Combi's are having problems with the rear doors breaking.
The plastic piece on the stays are not man enough and in the wind these doors are swinging about and quite dangerous.
DOM says there are no more vans to swap them with and I quote "Use the side door"
They have got no idea
eastie wrote:A lot of our fleet of Combi's are having problems with the rear doors breaking.
The plastic piece on the stays are not man enough and in the wind these doors are swinging about and quite dangerous.
DOM says there are no more vans to swap them with and I quote "Use the side door"
They have got no idea
I agree totally with this except to say that these doors are downright dangerous to the unwary. These rear door stays on these Vauxhall's are useless. You get them replaced and you are doing well to get more than a month before the metal bit on the stays distort and cannot hold the door. I got bloodied last year causing a visit to the ER and learned my lesson the hard way. Trouble using the side door only is that it is ergonomically designed/placed to get items form easy reach of the side door NOT for bending over at an awkward angle (back issues can now arise) whilst you pull on a bag situated near the back. In high winds I invariably get my partner to hold the rear doors loading up but out on delivery it is seldom possible
At least the trays don't slide around in the combi's unlike in the new peugeot's. Anyone put a pugot in 6th gear and found it's reverse whilst doing 50mph? I have a 6 speed box in my car and it's natural to go from 5th to 6th! The pugot has no lift or even a decent 'notch' feel on the gear stick and the whole gear change feels like stirring a bag of bolts with a stick anyway.
eastie wrote:A lot of our fleet of Combi's are having problems with the rear doors breaking.
The plastic piece on the stays are not man enough and in the wind these doors are swinging about and quite dangerous.
DOM says there are no more vans to swap them with and I quote "Use the side door"
They have got no idea
I put a defect in to cover myself so if the door ever clouts a person on the pavement or cyclist,they don't do anything about it but at least I've told them.
i would say about 60% of ours have this problem, also a few seem to come open when driving which is always fun picking up parcels and pouches from the road
Ours were fine for years until I had a week off and somebody broke both catches. They were replaced and have been fine since.
They're not the strongest things in the world, if you're steady with them they won't break. Start shoving the doors back and they'll just bend and snap.