ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'Disgusting' Hermes delivery has 'completely ruined' my husband's Christmas, says angry wife

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

'Disgusting' Hermes delivery has 'completely ruined' my husband's Christmas, says angry wife

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.kentlive.news/news/uk-world ... ed-6238356

An angry wife claims a 'disgusting' Hermes delivery has "completely ruined" her husband's Christmas.

Nicola Rooney, 38, ordered a gift for her husband Tank, 29, and contacted online shop Studio to ask why it hadn't arrived.

She told the Liverpool ECHO said: "I ordered a £32 Remmington shaver for my husband and was wondering where it was, because it doesn't take 12 days to get here.

"When I contacted Studio they said it had been delivered. I checked with Hermes and they had a picture of it just on the doorstep.

"I never received this, it was clear from the picture I didn't receive it."

"It is disgusting. You can clearly see in the picture no one was there to take the parcel, they usually have photos of a delivery showing the door open, but this is obviously closed.

"It is really frustrating because we live on the corner and everyone can just see it.

"It has completely ruined Christmas for him [Tank] because there is no surprise."

Nicola, who lives in Birkenhead, has received a full refund but said Hermes should be "named and shamed".

"Something needs to be done. Hermes has a duty of care." said Nicola.

A spokesperson for Hermes said: "We have been in contact with Ms Rooney to apologise for any inconvenience and provide her with a full refund so that she can order another shaver in time for Christmas.

"This is a very busy time of year and our local couriers are working hard to deliver, so we would ask that people try to be at home when expecting a delivery or choose an alternative service such as deliver to a neighbour or ParcelShop where available.

"Anyone experiencing delivery issues should contact their retailer or seller in the first instance, who will in turn contact Hermes if required."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: 'Disgusting' Hermes delivery has 'completely ruined' my husband's Christmas, says angry wife

Post by POSTMAN »

This is 'Tank' in a couple of months, still waiting for his xmas pressie...

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.