ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
PeterP.

Parcel stuck at Langley HWDC

Post by PeterP. »

Hello,

Parcel that was sent to me got stuck in Langley HWDC for almost two weeks now. Why is it taking so long? Can someone please check travking no. RR952638773PL Tracking site says it is accepted in the destination country (UK) but Im worried it might be send back.

Thank you
Peter

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Parcel stuck at Langley HWDC

Post by Snaggletooth »

It went into customs on the 17th and emerged this morning. 12 working days in customs is fairly normal at the moment.
PeterP.

Post by PeterP. »

Thank you for checking that for me. Much appreciated
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Hi i have a parcel stuck at Langley which I urgently need as i require it by Friday.

LX874682348IE

Royal Mail customer services have said they can send an email but will not get a response for 48 hours...

Any help please!
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

AMONTY wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 15:32
Hi i have a parcel stuck at Langley which I urgently need as i require it by Friday.

LX874682348IE

Royal Mail customer services have said they can send an email but will not get a response for 48 hours...

Any help please!
To be fair no we can't really help as per the thousands of posts regarding Langley.
You are already in contact with customer services and have an answer from them.
HWDC LANGLEY

We get a lot of queries about HWDC Langley and we can not give you anymore tracking information than what you already have.

If there is a delay it may be that your item is stuck in customs which seems to be the norm, there could be a CUSTOMS CHARGE or there could be generally too much work for the system to cope with.

And please note, most international items do not get tracked anymore in our system after arriving at Langley until they are delivered.

The same for items going out of Langley.When an item leaves us we can't do anything as it's in another postal operators system.

Please try and contact the opposing postal operator through their website.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Nothing fair about it whatsoever. It (a child’s passport) has gone into a black hole for 5 days and nobody can give me any information as to it’s whereabouts for atleast another 48 hours - shocking service.

I will just have to tell my family holiday will have to be cancelled
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It might be caught in a backlog somewhere. Locally we've had a good few pinged by the NHS app, if it's the same around the country then a lot of offices will be short on staff
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Doesn’t explain why the tracking information is incorrect. Says it left Heathrow on Thursday am but that is not true
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

We do sympathise with you, we get a ton of queries as I previously mentioned.
We genually can only tell you usually what information you already have and at times bits of our local knowledge can sometimes help as well.

Langley HWDC is the Bermuda triangle of Royal Mail and we still can't work out what happens and why it happens over there.
But the norm usually is too much work at customs or too much work full stop, and now we have to add on pinged colleagues because of the pandemic.

Tracked items will only be scanned at their next destination in the pipeline so by the looks of it, it has stopped either in customs or just outside of it and is in a backlog.

Sorry we can't be of more help.

@Snaggletooth does stuff coming out of customs get scanned,so it shows it's left customs?
EDIT: Just seen it does as per the tracking from the 1st post.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

AMONTY wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 18:42
Nothing fair about it whatsoever. It (a child’s passport) has gone into a black hole for 5 days and nobody can give me any information as to it’s whereabouts for atleast another 48 hours - shocking service.

I will just have to tell my family holiday will have to be cancelled
Of course, what he said is fair, we are not an official Royal Mail site and that's what he was saying.

Is it fair you are having these issues. No, it's not. But neither is it fair for you to blame this site when all we are doing is trying to provide advice and insights, voluntarily and on our own time.
AMONTY wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 19:45
Doesn’t explain why the tracking information is incorrect. Says it left Heathrow on Thursday am but that is not true
Yes, it can. It gets scanned at one point, then moves to where the backlog is, but it may not get scanned till the item is cleared from the backlog.

Yes, it is frustrating, but aiming your anger here is helping no one least of all yourself, and it discourages other members from trying to help.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Fair enough - just trying to find out how if possible to get it through the backlog as it has been stuck for 6 days now.

Any help gratefully receievd
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Possibly stuck because of a redirection address
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

28 Jul 2021
13:46
Delivered by. Your item was delivered on 28-07-2021

:nana :nana :nana :nana

Now click here, we did do a liddle bit of help :wink: ...
https://www.royalmail.com/compliments-f ... Qf2AKAlVg4
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
AMONTY

Post by AMONTY »

Thank you all very much for your assistance- I will complete the feedback form.

Ironically tested positive for Covid today so won’t be making it on holiday even with the new passport! But I am very thankful to have the passport.

Kind regards
Andrew
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Sorry to hear that, it's a b word that virus.
Get well soon and cheers.
I Wrote
My BFF Clash