ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon to use new electric vehicles for deliveries in the Netherlands

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon to use new electric vehicles for deliveries in the Netherlands

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.iamexpat.nl/lifestyle/lifes ... etherlands

International e-commerce company Amazon has launched their very own fleet of electric delivery vans, which will soon take to the roads to carry out Amazon deliveries here in the Netherlands.

Amazon launches electric delivery vans in Europe
After scaling up services in the Netherlands back in 2020 and establishing a distribution centre around the corner from Schiphol Airport which officially opened this week, Amazon is set to take the next step in expanding its business in the Netherlands.

The distribution centre was set up to manage deliveries in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Haarlem, and Utrecht, and soon 200 Amazon (electric) vans will take over the deliveries for these areas. The company will still collaborate with a number of external couriers to carry out deliveries outside of the Randstad.

Amazon in the Netherlands
Amazon was slow to take off here in the Netherlands, but since launching the Dutch webshop last year, the site has grown significantly, presenting serious competition to local sites like Bol.com. Figures show that the most popular products sold on Amazon.nl are kitchenware, such as coffee machines, electronics, home gadgets and decor, and sports equipment.

While no plans have been announced to open a second distribution centre, Karsten Frost, the regional director for logistics, says there is definitely potential for further expansion. According to Frost, the Netherlands presents an “interesting market” for the company: “We wouldn't be here if we didn't see opportunities here.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."