ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ROYAL MAIL DELAYS : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A BIT OF A BACKLOG IN THE SYSTEM, WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO DELIVER WHAT WE CAN DAILY BUT UNFORTUNATELY IN SOME AREAS THERE WILL BE DELAYS. PLEASE HAVE SOME PATIENCE AS WE ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN.Postal workers of royalmailchat.co.uk


Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Post Reply
Dindin
Posts: 358
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by Dindin »

Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... rticle-top
paulus103
Posts: 152
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 01:55
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by paulus103 »

Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 111
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by cobrakai »

paulus103 wrote:
02 May 2021, 21:10
Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
You can’t have worked here very long if you have seen no bullying.
Deadly
Posts: 437
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by Deadly »

cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:07
paulus103 wrote:
02 May 2021, 21:10
Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
You can’t have worked here very long if you have seen no bullying.
Is bullying a problem in mail centres too?
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 111
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by cobrakai »

Deadly wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:25
cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:07
paulus103 wrote:
02 May 2021, 21:10
Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
You can’t have worked here very long if you have seen no bullying.
Is bullying a problem in mail centres too?
It was a massive problem at one stage, it’s the only job I’ve ever had where I’ve actually seen staff in tears (that was about ten years ago though).
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 96
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 01:00
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by nutcracker »

cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 14:31
Deadly wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:25
cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:07
paulus103 wrote:
02 May 2021, 21:10
Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
You can’t have worked here very long if you have seen no bullying.
Is bullying a problem in mail centres too?
It was a massive problem at one stage, it’s the only job I’ve ever had where I’ve actually seen staff in tears (that was about ten years ago though).
Agency workers in my mail centre are treated with utter contempt both by opgs and managers, it’s been really difficult to witness, especially over the last year where they’ve been taken on in larger numbers.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 3083
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I think we need to use a Different Term, or several, for "Bullying". It covers such a vast range of activities from Management, Colleagues and even the Public. :no no

I think the majority of people think of the School bully thumping someone in the playground when they hear of "Bullying" at work. I can see how some people (especially Management) believe, "There's no such thing as Bullying in my Unit" because nobody's getting thumped .... but sometimes it's just not wanting that 15 minute argument with the Dom .... EVERY DAY .... about not taking your lapsing ... is that Bullying? :hmmmm

Perhaps we need those extra terms so that Simon Thompson and all his Management Team (right down to Line Managers), The CWU and the Employees of RM are actually talking about the same thing. :hmmmm

I feel "Bullying" is just too generic a term to try and stamp out in a business with 140,000 employees. We've got lots of Business Speak ... "Getting it across the Finish Line" .... "Going the Extra Mile" .... "Clearing the Decks" perhaps we should be hearing more about....."Physical Assault" ..... "Budget Pressure".... "Psychological Pressure" .... "Aggresive Peer Pressure" ...."Overtime Leverage"? :silenced

If there's a University Psychology & Sociology team out there searching for a case study .... look no further than Royal Mail. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
paulus103
Posts: 152
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 01:55
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by paulus103 »

cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 14:31
Deadly wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:25
cobrakai wrote:
03 May 2021, 13:07
paulus103 wrote:
02 May 2021, 21:10
Never seen it with managers bullying OPGs but plenty of times with shifts managers bullying junior managers
You can’t have worked here very long if you have seen no bullying.
Is bullying a problem in mail centres too?
It was a massive problem at one stage, it’s the only job I’ve ever had where I’ve actually seen staff in tears (that was about ten years ago though).
I've seen managers leave the floor several times after being shouted at by shifts managers and I've seen OPGs tell managers to be professional and take arguments off the floor :)

I've been at RM for about 18 months so not long :)
paulus103
Posts: 152
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 01:55
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by paulus103 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
03 May 2021, 16:43
I think we need to use a Different Term, or several, for "Bullying". It covers such a vast range of activities from Management, Colleagues and even the Public. :no no

I think the majority of people think of the School bully thumping someone in the playground when they hear of "Bullying" at work. I can see how some people (especially Management) believe, "There's no such thing as Bullying in my Unit" because nobody's getting thumped .... but sometimes it's just not wanting that 15 minute argument with the Dom .... EVERY DAY .... about not taking your lapsing ... is that Bullying? :hmmmm

Perhaps we need those extra terms so that Simon Thompson and all his Management Team (right down to Line Managers), The CWU and the Employees of RM are actually talking about the same thing. :hmmmm

I feel "Bullying" is just too generic a term to try and stamp out in a business with 140,000 employees. We've got lots of Business Speak ... "Getting it across the Finish Line" .... "Going the Extra Mile" .... "Clearing the Decks" perhaps we should be hearing more about....."Physical Assault" ..... "Budget Pressure".... "Psychological Pressure" .... "Aggresive Peer Pressure" ...."Overtime Leverage"? :silenced

If there's a University Psychology & Sociology team out there searching for a case study .... look no further than Royal Mail. :cuppa
Yep fair enough - I think you are right. Misogyny is rife in my mail centre and goes virtually to the very top :(
And if I think of how agency workers are treated then some of that is what you list above.
Postman_Dave
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 May 2019, 14:16
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail struck by wave of allegations about bullying

Post by Postman_Dave »

Yep manger at my place has about 8 bully and harrasment complants, nothings done about it.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tommy7525 and 3 guests