ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RTS items

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
tomdhu

RTS items

Post by tomdhu »

Can anyone advise if "Return to Sender" items are tracked using the original QR code that was on the label when it was sent out originally?

Also, is it sufficient to put put RTS on the package without giving a reason such as "No longer here"?

grchpo

RTS items

Post by grchpo »

Dont you have a sticker to label it with the reason?
tomdhu

RTS items

Post by tomdhu »

It's not me that's returning it but the resident at the delivery address. He took it to his local post office unopened and asked them to RTS. He didnt give a reason.
The package was sent out with a click & Drop label with QR code and return address.
The Track and Trace webpage is showing that it has yet to be delivered.
wallan

RTS items

Post by wallan »

tomdhu wrote:It's not me that's returning it but the resident at the delivery address. He took it to his local post office unopened and asked them to RTS. He didnt give a reason.
The package was sent out with a click & Drop label with QR code and return address.
Redeliver the Item
tomdhu

RTS items

Post by tomdhu »

wallan wrote:
tomdhu wrote:It's not me that's returning it but the resident at the delivery address. He took it to his local post office unopened and asked them to RTS. He didnt give a reason.
Redeliver the Item
????
I don't think you understand. The package went out and was delivered to the address. The recipient said it wasn't for him so decided to send it back to the sender.
The recipient of the package then took it to his local Post Office and said "Please return to Sender". So the question is ........... Should the PO scan the QR original code and register it for RTS??
And will it be tracked until it is finally received by the original sender?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

RTS items

Post by SpacePhoenix »

tomdhu wrote: And will it be tracked until it is finally received by the original sender?
What service was originally used (eg 1st/2nd class, Tracked 24/48, SD)?
tomdhu

RTS items

Post by tomdhu »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
tomdhu wrote: And will it be tracked until it is finally received by the original sender?
What service was originally used (eg 1st/2nd class, Tracked 24/48, SD)?
2nd Class, with label printed via Click & Drop - bearing the QR code and return address.
wallan

RTS items

Post by wallan »

tomdhu wrote:
wallan wrote:
Redeliver the Item
????
I don't think you understand. The package went out and was delivered to the address. The recipient said it wasn't for him so decided to send it back to the sender.
The recipient of the package then took it to his local Post Office and said "Please return to Sender". So the question is ........... Should the PO scan the QR original code and register it for RTS??
And will it be tracked until it is finally received by the original sender?
You do say above the Item was being returned without a reason , that is why i suggested redelivery
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

RTS items

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

tomdhu wrote:
2nd Class, with label printed via Click & Drop - bearing the QR code and return address.
in that case it won't be "tracked" but it should be scanned on delivery. However, if the receiver has a lot of items delivered or returned, the chances of the item not being scanned will increase.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
tomdhu

RTS items

Post by tomdhu »

All has worked out well. Package has arrvived back.
Thanks for your assistance.