ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail worker found dead at Quedgeley delivery office this morning

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... dy-3140203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The death is not being treated as suspicious

The body of a Royal Mail worker was found in a delivery office toilet cubicle this morning.

The death is not being treated as suspicious but has been reported to Gloucestershire's coroner Katie Skerrett.

The 53-year-old man was found by a colleague at the Royal Mail Gloucester South Delivery Office in Quedgeley at about 7.30am, and it's believed he had been there overnight, a spokesman for the coroner said.

"There are no suspicious circumstances and at this stage it appears the gentleman has suffered some sort of medical event while in the toilet," the spokesman said.

"A postmortem will be carried out on his body next Wednesday to determine cause of death."

A Gloucestershire police spokeswoman said: "Police were called to Olympus Park in Gloucester shortly before 7.50am this morning following reports that the body of a man had been found.

"The death is being treated as non-suspicious at this time and the man's next of kin have been informed.

"A file is being prepared for the coroner."

Royal Mail has been asked for a comment but has not yet responded.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Was in the disabled toilet overnight by all accounts. Will be interesting to see if it was heat related from yesterday.

R.I.P. Ian.
arnold cheshire

Post by arnold cheshire »

Mr Blonde wrote:Was in the disabled toilet overnight by all accounts. Will be interesting to see if it was heat related from yesterday.

R.I.P. Ian.
Didn't no one check? Or his family report him missing? If he was there overnight.
scoobydo79

Post by scoobydo79 »

This is so sad.Condolences to the family and friends
Smith1212

Post by Smith1212 »

Very very sad R.I.P
arnold cheshire

Post by arnold cheshire »

This really isn't news that's needed . respect to the deseased though
k979aaa

Post by k979aaa »

53 years old to some old others young but it is tragic that he was not discovered for so long we all have a time to go but this is a sad way to go RIP to him and god bless his family.