ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you ever pop back?

Forum for our ex Royal Mail Group colleagues.This is an open forum.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL

Do you ever pop back?

Post by fly-catchers »

Do any ex retired workers ever pop back to the office? Even assuming its even allowed.

ssdd

Re: Do you ever pop back?

Post by ssdd »

Yes. I've seen a few retirees come back for a flying visit. One brought in a tub of sweets for us all at Christmas one year. Don't think it's allowed, but managers turn a blind eye.
noggin1969

Post by noggin1969 »

Use to get one old boy turn up at silly o clock at night, start of his dementia, sadly. We used to have a retirement social club once a month at work, but that dwindled to nothing as they died off.
Last edited by noggin1969 on 05 Feb 2024, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

some idiots who still work here pop in on their days off or even hoildays!!!!!! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Dayman!

Post by Dayman! »

Dropped in with a box of sweeties at Christmas a year after moving to a new job. The turnover since had been so big there were only a handful of familiar faces! :crazy:
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Sugar »

Would rather stick rusty pins in myself than ever walk back into that place. Keep in regular contact with the few that mattered. As for the rest, and in particular the managers past and present, wouldn't bother me if I never saw them again. In fact it would be preferable if I never saw or had to speak to them again.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

fly-catchers wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 19:08
Do any ex retired workers ever pop back to the office? Even assuming its even allowed.
I'm going to do a new forum for you guys and send out a mass email, interesting to know how things are with the purple gang.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Sugar »

POSTMAN wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 12:17
the purple gang.
Got your name for the new forum :nana :crazy: :dance
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by rambo1 »

Sugar wrote:
Would rather stick rusty pins in myself than ever walk back into that place. Keep in regular contact with the few that mattered. As for the rest, and in particular the managers past and present, wouldn't bother me if I never saw them again. In fact it would be preferable if I never saw or had to speak to them again.
It's a sad fact that this is probably true of most who leave royal mail.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

I heard one of the old guys popped into the office a few Christmases ago only to be marched out by the new DOM and threatened with prosecution for trespassing if he ever set foot in the DO again. Merry Christmas!
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by blue1873 »

Retired almost three years now after over thirty years in the job,
wouldn't dream of going back into office .I do miss a good few of
the staff (not all) miss the banter and some of the daft things people
would come away with that helped you get through your shift without
paying too much attention to the clock. As for management how could
anyone miss that level of incompetence in a job that is so repetitive it's
unbelievable.......... no need for half of them. Rant Over :Boo hoo! :wave :wave
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

fly-catchers wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 19:08
Some do & most posties laugh & point at the sad bastard, honestly I would say 3 days after you left, everyone had forgotten you even worked their :left:
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fly-catchers »

Never been tempted. I do still see a load anyway when I am out shopping or walking. A couple did say I must pop in sometime. But don't think I will! Ironically a postie who retired at the same time as me (having done 45 years) is now desperate to work there again! He contacted HR but was refused! Whether that was because it's not usual policy to reemploy retired posties. Or more likely because they didn't want to accommodate his conditions of working 3 days a week!
He has misjudged his pension amount and might also miss the job! Be late now though!
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

fly-catchers wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 18:47
Never been tempted. I do still see a load anyway when I am out shopping or walking. A couple did say I must pop in sometime. But don't think I will! Ironically a postie who retired at the same time as me (having done 45 years) is now desperate to work there again! He contacted HR but was refused! Whether that was because it's not usual policy to reemploy retired posties. Or more likely because they didn't want to accommodate his conditions of working 3 days a week!
He has misjudged his pension amount and might also miss the job! Be late now though!
Poor fella must be institutionalised. Plenty of other opportunities in delivery though! One of ours ended up working for a competitor for a while after he retired.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Sugar »

rambo1 wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 21:55
Sugar wrote:
It's a sad fact that this is probably true of most who leave royal mail.
It's what you get when company policy seems to be to constantly p!ss off the workers and have them in a culture where they're at each others throats over the smallest thing.

If it wasn't for the managers the job wouldn't be too bad.