ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Nearly 5 years gone

Forum for our ex Royal Mail Group colleagues.This is an open forum.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL

Nearly 5 years gone

Post by Theghost »

Hi all, Just thought I would pop in and have a quick read on Royal mail life.
Things don't seem any better than when I finished nearly 5 years ago.
I still look back fondly on my 20 odd years service and what a great job it once was.
I'm still loving my new career and have gone from strength to strength.
The weird thing is, Even though I ended up hating the job, I still have the odd dream (Nightmare ) of being on delivery.
I guess it's in my blood.
Fingers crossed they see sense and give you all the pay deal you deserve, Not the insult offered.
If a strike ensues, I will be down on the line dropping off some goodies to keep the morale up.
Posties, Hardest workers on the planet.

Anguspeace

Re: Nearly 5 years gone

Post by Anguspeace »

Good to hear the new job is going well. Like you I enjoyed the job but it was much harder than I thought it was going to be!
Alatar
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Alatar »

4 years for me and I still have royal mail dreams. Not surprising I was there 20 years
seesred
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by seesred »

Four months for me, after eleven years an RM employee, and this is the first time I've been back here for a while. It seemed important to keep up to date with things while the industrial dispute was still going on. Even though I walked away from the company, I found it hard not to feel still involved with what was going on, up until the point where the vote to accept the deal was taken. I could never have voted for it, any more than I felt like I could continue working for RM, so that confirmed I made the right decision to leave. Royal Mail is already fading onto the distance for me, and apart from wishing my former colleagues well, I've stopped giving it much thought. But I thought I would check in today and see if I was missing any interesting developments. Apparently not.
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by celtic1967 »

Alatar wrote:
14 Aug 2023, 19:58
4 years for me and I still have royal mail dreams. Not surprising I was there 20 years
It's not just me then :Very Happy
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Im 26 years in and its so bad i have shell shock and ptsd,you lot got out at just the right time im just praying for a 5 day uso and more redundancies,im a few years off retirement and will probably never work again as i am psychologically scarred.