ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dunfermline man hits out at 'shocking' service from Royal Mail

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Dunfermline man hits out at 'shocking' service from Royal Mail

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/1 ... oyal-mail/

Delays not down to 'hard working posties' as blame laid at Royal Mail's door

Another West Fifer has hit out at the “shocking” service they’ve experienced from Royal Mail after waiting for post for days on end

Since December, Gary McCrudden, from Izatt Avenue, has been receiving a bulk drop of mail through his letterbox every few weeks.

It’s not the first time the Press has been contacted by frustrated residents with many readers complaining that they’re not getting post for days at a time over a period of several months.

Gary said: “My postal service has been shocking and very sporadic since my regular postie (Garry Haldane), who did the round for many many years, moved to a different round some months ago.

“This needs to be sorted, I want to get the service which is paid for and receive regular mail.

“The last date I received mail was February 9, and I wrote to the Royal Mail on February 18, and in that time I had only ever received a parcel from Royal Mail but this is done separately with a man in a van.

“I know for a fact I am waiting for birthday cards, which was on February 15, to arrive, as many people have asked if I have received them.

“I’ve now had issues since the beginning of December but thought with Christmas and all, I let it slide.

“I do not think it is acceptable to get a bulk drop of mail every few weeks!”

Garry Haldane, councillor for Dunfermline Central and postman, agreed that the service wasn’t as it should be with deliveries now focused on packages. He said: “Whilst I agree that the service standards from Royal Mail have dropped since COVID-19, there are extenuating circumstances that have impacted on this. I have commented previously regarding this and I do know that Royal Mail (RM) are also receiving many complaints.

“As a customer myself, I can, and do, agree that the service is not as it should be. This is through no fault of the hard working posties.

“We have been under a lot of pressure for nearly a full year now and it is telling on some of my fellow colleagues. Our job is covered by the Ofcom regulator who is in a position to fine RM if the targets they have set for us are not met.

“The volume of tracked parcels we are handling just now is far beyond what we would normally manage. Our work day does not allow us to deliver all the mail and all the packets so something has to give.

“Across the area, casuals have been employed and as far as I can see we need more. All this comes at a cost which on top of the extra van hires and sick levels etc there will be an enormous pressure on the office budget.

“The need is there for more workers so take these casual workers off these insecure hours and employ them as Royal Mail employees. If the work is there, which it surely is, employ more workers, this way all the packets and all the mail will be delivered on time and within spec.

“I would ask the public that if they are thinking of complaining to take in these points I have mentioned and direct your complaint to Royal Mail and not through your postie.”

The Royal Mail did not reply back to the Press’ request for a comment.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.