ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail responds to news of Covid cases at Nottingham postal delivery site

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail responds to news of Covid cases at Nottingham postal delivery site

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/not ... id-5045724

Royal Mail has confirmed coronavirus cases at a Nottingham delivery site this year.

Four colleagues have tested positive for Covid this year at the Glaisdale Delivery Office, the company confirmed.

Royal Mail says it has carried out an intensive clean of the building in Glaisdale Parkway and the office is operating as normal.

Some colleagues are self-isolating who were identified through the track and trace app, which is supported by the office, and in line with both the business and Public Health England guidance.

A Royal Mail spokesperson added: “Royal Mail takes the health and safety of its colleagues, its customers and the local communities in which we operate very seriously.

"Throughout this crisis, every decision we make puts the health of our people and customers first. We have put in place a range of preventive measures to protect both our customers and our colleagues.

"We were the first UK company to put in place social-distancing measures in relation to parcel delivery. We pioneered contact-free delivery. We are temporarily not handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture signatures.

"As well as encouraging good hand hygiene, standard ways of working have been revised to ensure that colleagues maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.

"All staff have been briefed about the social distancing measures jointly agreed by local management and the CWU. This has been supplemented with visible reminders such as posters and one-way floor markings”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."