ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail defends King's Lynn sorting office after courier raises covid safety concerns

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail defends King's Lynn sorting office after courier raises covid safety concerns

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/royal-m ... mpredirect

Postal service chiefs and union leaders have denied claims that coronavirus guidelines are being ignored at a Lynn sorting office.

The move comes after a town courier voiced his concerns about visiting the site in Austin Street.

The courier, who has asked to remain anonymous, said: “I really don’t like going in there, as they don’t practice social distancing or wear face coverings all of the time,it’s a real Covid hazard.

“I honestly dread it, my partner has health conditions and I would hate to catch it because other people were so careless, this new strain is more contagious.”

But a Royal Mail spokesperson said: “The King’s Lynn Delivery Office is fully compliant with Covid measures.

“Any face mask exemptions are monitored daily.We are not aware of any couriers having visited the office and we have not received any complaints directly.

“Royal Mail takes the health and safety of its colleagues, its customers and the local communities in which we operate very seriously.

“Throughout this crisis, every decision we make puts the health of our staff and customers first.All staff have been briefed about the measures jointly agreed by local management and the CWU (Communication Workers Union).”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

frankieboy

Re: Royal Mail defends King's Lynn sorting office after courier raises covid safety concerns

Post by frankieboy »

Just one of many offices not following guide lines.
Woody Guthrie

Re: Royal Mail defends King's Lynn sorting office after courier raises covid safety concerns

Post by Woody Guthrie »

This is such piss poor journalism , it starts with.. .
Postal service chiefs and union leaders have denied claims that coronavirus guidelines are being ignored at a Lynn sorting office.
Now a sane person would expect to read said feckin denials from these chiefs and leaders somewhere on the page but the only quote in the entire piece comes from "A Royal Mail spokesperson.." which we all know is just a generic press release with a space to insert the office name.

No wonder nobody trusts the Fourth Estate anymore, there's no deep conspiracy it's just full of feckless twats.
Only dead fish follow the current
beanmuncha

Post by beanmuncha »

Why would a courier be in the sorting office anyway?

Any external deliveries we have, we get them to leave outside. No one except staff and the engineers enter our office.
Think this is a spoof story.