ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

More than a dozen Royal Mail workers in self-isolation

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

More than a dozen Royal Mail workers in self-isolation

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/190 ... isolation/

A POSTAL service has reassured residents deliveries will not be impacted after more than a dozen employees were told to self-isolate after a case of Covid-19.

Royal Mail’s delivery office, in Oxford Road, Clacton, has recently recorded one positive case of coronavirus and 16 people are now having to quarantine.

The news had left some locals concerned about whether they would still receive their post on time, but the company has now said the service will not be affected.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman has also reassured employees and the public that the service continues to take infection control seriously.

She said: “Royal Mail takes the health and safety of its colleagues, its customers and the local communities in which we operate very seriously.

"There is currently one colleague that has tested positive for coronavirus at Clacton delivery office.

"We wish them a speedy recovery. Some colleagues are also self-isolating.

"We have carried out an intensive clean of the site and have organised additional cleaning of key touch points and all communal areas. We are keeping the CWU, PHE and colleagues updated.

"We continue to deliver parcels and letters on a regular basis”.

To find out more royalmail.com.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Woody Guthrie

Re: More than a dozen Royal Mail workers in self-isolation

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Royal Mail’s delivery office, in Oxford Road, Clacton, has recently recorded one positive case of coronavirus and 16 people are now having to quarantine.
Covid secure workplace....
Only dead fish follow the current