ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Watford homeowner angered by lack of postal deliveries to street

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Watford homeowner angered by lack of postal deliveries to street

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/ ... two-weeks/

A street in Watford did not receive any post for more than two weeks, a homeowner has said, and he warned the lack of deliveries may mean people did not receive vital Covid vaccination letters.

Clive O’Mahoney, of Bedford Street, Watford, had no mail between December 22 and January 13 and said post “was just not coming”.

After checking with neighbours and finding others also had issues, Mr O’Mahoney said he was “really concerned” about people not receiving their vaccination letters.

Speaking earlier in the week, he said: “I’ve knocked on a couple of doors on the street and the last delivery that anyone got was on December 27.

“I feel that the lack of a service to this area is endangering the wellbeing of residents here.

“If they (Royal Mail) carry on with what they are doing people just won’t receive them and it’s really worrying me.

“I think it’s really urgent that the situation is resolved.”

Mr O’Mahoney made four complaints due to the lack of service, although the Royal Mail says it has had no reported delays of up to two weeks.

The postal service this week admitted some areas will see a reduced service due to workers being off sick or self-isolating, although says it is working hard to start providing a normal service again.

Mr O’Mahoney said he was left particularly angry after receiving no cards for his birthday last Wednesday (January 6), despite knowing some had been sent.

He said: “I got really annoyed when it was my birthday and I didn’t get any cards.

“A friend in the north of England sent me a card and another friend who lives locally a card. She got hers the next day.”

In a statement, a Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Despite our best endeavours, some areas of the country may experience a temporary reduction in service levels due to unavoidable staff absences and essential social distancing measures.

“In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing a normal service as quickly as possible. We would like to thank customers who have expressed their understanding of these challenges.

“We appreciate their patience while we continue to run as normal service as we can. We always endeavour to keep our customers updated on any changes to our services.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."