ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail warning: Areas of England face 'reduction in service levels' on deliveries

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail warning: Areas of England face 'reduction in service levels' on deliveries

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13783 ... deliveries

ROYAL MAIL bosses have warned of postal delays as the service struggles to cope with increased volumes and covid-related staff shortages as customers took to social media to complain about missed deliveries and Christmas presents failing to arrive in time

The company said deliveries and collections should be taking place across most of the UK today but admitted some people would be waiting longer to receive letters and parcels. It blamed an increase in online shopping for the extra and higher-than-normal absences for the delays. Some frustrated customers complained Christmas presents had still failed to arrive.

One said: "It’s desperately disappointing. Christmas and birthday presents for family I haven’t been able to see. So much money wasted and all faith in Royal Mail gone."

Another said: "Any chance you could get round to locating my parcel? I mean as Christmas presents go, it’s pretty damn late now. But all the same, at least being able to return them would be a New Years bonus."

And another tweeted: "Lol. Royal Mail delivered my Christmas presents today!"

Some people reported lengthy postal delays.

One customer tweeted: "It’s been nearly 10 days since any post. What’s happening?"

Another said: "Any postmen out in Plymouth today? Haven't seen one."

And another tweeted: "Very annoyed right now. Ordered an item for a birthday gift, paid extra for 24hr tracked which should have been delivered on the 30th December but still waiting for my delivery.

"Whilst appreciate you are busy you cannot keep charging extra for a service you cannot deliver."

But other customers were more sympathetic.

One tweeted: "I understand the Maidstone sorting office had to close due to a covid outbreak so postal delays should be no surprise."

Royal Mail said it was working hard to deliver the most comprehensive and high-quality service we can to all its customers.

In a statement, it said: "The combination of greatly increased uptake of online shopping, in no small part driven by the recent lockdown, and the ongoing COVID restrictions mean that all delivery companies are experiencing exceptionally high volumes this year.

"Every single parcel, letter and card are important to us.

"Despite our best efforts and significant investment in extra resource, some customers may experience slightly longer delivery timescales than our usual service standards.

"This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices.

"In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

hans solo

Re: Royal Mail warning: Areas of England face 'reduction in service levels' on deliveries

Post by hans solo »

"Every single parcel, letter and card are important to us. :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left:
not when mgmt instruct you to leave letters in frame every day