ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Update of Royal Mail Coronavirus Impact.

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Daily Update of Royal Mail Coronavirus Impact.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ice-update

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Normal deliveries and collections should take place across most of the UK today. However, there may be limited deliveries in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the Royal Mail Deliveries section below.

We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum while keeping our people and customers safe. We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail Distribution and Processing Report

Royal Mail Distribution

Royal Mail operates an overnight air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Monday evening. However, The volume of mail exceeded the capacity of the aircraft for last night's flight from East Midlands to Belfast, meaning some mail was transferred to contingency road and ferry services. As a result, a small quantity of letters and parcels posted on Monday in the North, Midlands and South West regions of England, and Wales, due for delivery today in Northern Ireland, may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Monday evening. However, the volume of mail exceeded capacity on the rail service from Warrington to our Scottish Distribution Centre at Motherwell, meaning some mail was transferred to contingency road services. As a result, a small quantity of letters and parcels posted on Monday in the North of England and North Wales, due for delivery today in Central and Southern Scotland, may arrive later than planned.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Monday night with one exception. A vehicle from Chester Mail Centre arrived late into our National Distribution Centre, missing scheduled onward connections. As a result, a small amount of letters and parcels posted on Monday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK, may arrive later than planned.

Mail Processing (Mail Centres)
Staffing issues due to self-isolating and social distancing, along with greatly increased parcel volumes, continue to have some effect at our mail centres.

The mail centre below has reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule, and may be delivered later than expected:

Birmingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the B, HR and WR postcode areas.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas. Also, some mail posted in these postcode areas on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Glasgow Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas. Also, some mail posted in these postcode areas on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Greenford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the HA, NW, SL, UB, W2-14 postcode areas and BFPO, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Peterborough Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CB and PE postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Tuesday 24 November. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Bishops Stortford and Sawbridgeworth (CM21, CM22, CM23, CM24)
Maidstone (ME14, ME15, ME16, ME17, ME18)
Polegate (BN26)
Stratford (E15, E20)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Update of Royal Mail Coronavirus Impact.

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Normal deliveries and collections should take place across most of the UK today. However, there may be limited deliveries in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the Royal Mail Deliveries section below.

We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum while keeping our people and customers safe. We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail Distribution

Royal Mail operates an overnight air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Tuesday evening.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Tuesday evening.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Tuesday night with one exception. A vehicle from Swansea Mail Centre arrived late into our Princess Royal Distribution Centre as a result of roadworks on the M4 motorway, missing scheduled onward connections. As a result, a small number of parcels posted on Tuesday in the SA postcode area, due for delivery today to addresses in London and the South East of England, may arrive later than planned.

Staffing issues due to self-isolating and social distancing, along with greatly increased parcel volumes, continue to have some effect at our mail centres.

The mail centre below has reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule, and may be delivered later than expected:

Birmingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the B, HR and WR postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas.
Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas.
Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Wednesday 25 November. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Polegate (BN26)
Stratford (E15, E20)
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 26 November 2020

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Wednesday evening.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Wednesday evening.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Wednesday evening with one exception. Due to higher than expected volumes of mail at our Jubilee Mail Centre, a vehicle from our Princess Royal Distribution Centre was unable to unload the mail as scheduled. As a result, a small number of parcels posted on Wednesday in London and the South East of England, due for delivery today in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, may arrive slightly later than planned.

Birmingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Wednesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the B, HR and WR postcode areas.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Wednesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries
Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Wednesday 25 November. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Polegate (BN26)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

riday 27 November 2020

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Thursday evening with one exception. The flight from East Midlands to Exeter could not land due to freezing fog at Exeter Airport, and visibility below operational limits. The flight returned to East Midlands and mail was transferred to contingency road services. As a result, some mail posted on Thursday in the North and Midlands regions of England, and North Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in the far South West of England, may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Thursday evening.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Thursday evening.

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Glasgow Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas.
Inverness Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the HS, IV and KW postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Friday 27 November. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Polegate (BN26)
Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 28 and Sunady 29 November 2020

Usual collection services will be made on Saturday. Deliveries are expected to take place on Saturday and, in some areas, Sunday as we work hard to get all Christmas mail to you. However, despite our best endeavours, some areas of the country continue to experience varying levels of delivery disruption. This is due to the effects of Coronavirus-related absences and necessary social distancing measures, such as reducing the number of people together in shared spaces and vehicles. Please see the Royal Mail Deliveries section below for more information.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum, while keeping our people and customers safe.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you Opens in new window for their opening times.

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Thursday evening with one exception. The flight from East Midlands to Exeter could not land due to freezing fog at Exeter Airport, and visibility below operational limits. The flight returned to East Midlands and mail was transferred to contingency road services. As a result, some mail posted on Thursday in the North and Midlands regions of England, and North Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in the far South West of England, may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Thursday evening.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Thursday evening.

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Glasgow Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas.
Inverness Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the HS, IV and KW postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Thursday, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Friday 27 November. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Polegate (BN26)
Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 1 December 2020
Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule last night with one exception: Technical issues delayed the departure of a flight from Exeter, destined for the East Midlands Airport. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the South West of England, due for delivery today in the Midlands, North of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule, with two exceptions: High volumes of mail affected services leaving our Warrington Rail Terminal, heading to Glasgow and Edinburgh. The trains were filled to capacity so some mail had to be sent on via extra services. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in North Wales, North England, London and the South East, due for delivery today in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH, TD (Edinburgh) and G, KA, ML, PA (Glasgow) postcode areas, may arrive later than expected.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule with a few exceptions: High volumes affected services leaving our York Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in NE - Newcastle-upon-Tyne, LS - Leeds and NG - Nottingham, may arrive later than anticipated.

High volumes affected services leaving our Princess Royal Distribution Centre in London. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in London and the South East, may arrive later than planned.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule, and may be delivered later than expected:

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DE and NG postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Royal Mail Deliveries
Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Tuesday 1 December. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Polegate (BN26)
Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule last night.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule last night.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule last night.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule, and may be delivered later than expected:

Birmingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the B, HR and WR postcode areas.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DE and NG postcode areas.

Norwich Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the IP and NR postcode areas. Some mail posted yesterday in the IP and NR postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Wednesday 2 December. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 3 December 2020

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule last night.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule last night.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas. Some mail posted yesterday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DE and NG postcode areas. Some mail posted yesterday in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Thursday 3 December. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 4 December 2020

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule last night, with two exceptions: A flight from the East Midlands Airport to Edinburgh Airport was delayed taking off due to ice and sub-zero temperatures. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in South West and North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, due for delivery today in Central and Southern Scotland, may arrive later than expected. This delay also impacted the return service from Edinburgh to the East Midlands. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in Central and Southern Scotland, due for delivery today in South West and North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, may arrive later than planned.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule last night, with one exception: A vehicle travelling from Preston to our Yorkshire Distribution Centre was late arriving. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in the PR (Preston) postcode areas yesterday, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK, may arrive later than anticipated.

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.
Greenford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the HA, NW, SL, UB, W2-14 postcode areas and BFPO.
Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas. Some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Friday 4 December. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
Ruthin (LL15)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 5 December 2020 and Sunday 6 December

Usual collection services will be made on Saturday. Deliveries are expected to take place on Saturday and, in some areas, Sunday as we work hard to get all Christmas mail to you. However, despite our best endeavours, some areas of the country continue to experience varying levels of delivery disruption. This is due to the effects of Coronavirus-related absences and necessary social distancing measures, such as reducing the number of people together in shared spaces and vehicles. Please see the Royal Mail Deliveries section below for more information.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum, while keeping our people and customers safe.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you Opens in new window for their opening times.

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
The flight from Stansted to Edinburgh was cancelled last night as the aircraft was hit by lightning on its previous flight (Edinburgh to Stansted) and deemed unsafe to fly by engineers upon landing. Mail was forwarded on via the road network. However, as a result, some mail posted in parts of London and the South East yesterday for delivery todoy in parts of Central and Southern Scotland may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Friday night.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Friday night.

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Cardiff Mail Centre: Both inbound mail (Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas) and outbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK).

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Both inbound mail (some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the CM, CO, IP and SS postcode areas) and outbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in the CM, CO, IP and SS postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.)

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.

Gatwick Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BN and RH postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Both inbound mail (some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas) and outbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in the GU, KT,
SW and TW postcode areas for delivery today).

Nottingham Mail Centre: Both inbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the DE and NG postcode areas) and outbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in the DE and NG postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK).

Southampton Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the PO, SO and SP postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Both inbound mail (some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas) and outboud mail (some mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK).

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited on Saturday 5 December. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
Ruthin (LL15)
Stratford (E15, E20)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 7 December

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated normally over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated normaly over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated normally over the weekend.

Aberdeen Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the AB and ZE postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Glasgow Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited today, Monday 7 December, and for the remainder of this week. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
Ruthin (LL15)
Totton (SO40, SO43)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 8 December

Royal Mail Distribution

Air

Our air network operated normally on Monday night, with the following exceptions. Due to volumes exceeding aircraft capacity, some mail due for the flight from East Midlands to Belfast had to be transferred to contingency road and ferry services. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in the North, Midlands, South West regions of England, and North Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in Northern Ireland may arrive later than planned.

Due to a technical problem with the aircraft, the flight from Kirkwall to Aberdeen arrived late, missing onward connections. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in the Orkney Islands, due for delivery today in North East Scotland may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated normally on Monday night .

Road
Our road network operated normally on Monday night. However, volumes greatly above capacity meant not all mail could be processed in time to meet some scheduled onward connections to mail centres from our National Distribution Centre. This will be reflected in the Mail Centre report below.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule on Monday night, and may be delivered later than expected:

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward). Also, some mail posted from across the UK on Monday to addresses in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas (Inward).

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward).

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas (Inward).

Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward). Also, some mail posted from across the UK on Monday to addresses in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas (Inward).

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward). Also, some mail posted from across the UK on Monday to addresses in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas (Inward).

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward).

Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas (Inward).

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward). Also, some mail posted from across the UK on Monday to addresses in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas (Inward).

Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas (Inward).

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK (Outward).

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited today, Tuesday 8 December, and for the remainder of this week. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
Ruthin (LL15)
Tooting (SW17)
Totton (SO40, SO43)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 10 December

We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum at this, our busiest time of the year, while keeping our people and customers safe. We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Wednesday night with 2 exceptions. Due to technical issues with aircraft, and no replacements being available, the flights from East Midlands Airport to Prestwick (Edinburgh) and Jersey were cancelled, and mail transferred to contingency road services. As a result, some mail posted on Wednesday in the North, Midlands and South West regions of England and Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in Central and Southern Scotland, and Jersey, may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Wednesday night.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Wednesday night.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to delivery offices on schedule on Wednesday night, and may be delivered later than expected:

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.
Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas. Also, some mail posted on Wednesday in these postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas. Also, some mail posted on Wednesday in these postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.
Norwich Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the NR postcode area.
Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DE and NG postcode areas.
Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas. Also, some mail posted on Wednesday in these postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited today, Thursday 10 December, and for the remainder of this week. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Ashington (NE22, NE62-NE64)
Gillingham (ME7)
Ruthin (LL15)
South Ockendon (RM15)
Tooting (SW17)
Totton (SO40, SO43)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 11 December

We're working hard to keep any delays to a minimum at this, our busiest time of the year, while keeping our people and customers safe. We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Our air network operated to schedule on Thursday night.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Thursday night.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Thursday night with 2 exceptions. Vehicles bound for the Princess Royal Distribution Centre from our Swansea and Swindon Mail Centres suffered breakdowns, causing their late arrival so missing onward connections. As a result, some mail posted on Thursday in the OX, RG, SA and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses in London and the South East of England, may arrive later than planned.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to delivery offices on schedule on Thursday night, and may be delivered later than expected:

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.
Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.
Norwich Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the NR postcode area.
Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas.
Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited today, Friday 11 December, and into next week. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
South Ockendon (RM15)
Tooting (SW17)
Totton (SO40, SO43)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 December

The usual collection services will be made on Saturday. Deliveries are expected to take place on Saturday and, in most areas, Sunday as we work hard to get all Christmas mail to you.

Royal Mail is working hard to deliver the most comprehensive and high quality service we can to all our customers, large and small. The combination of greatly increased uptake of online Christmas shopping, in no small part driven by the recent lockdown, and the ongoing COVID restrictions mean that all delivery companies are experiencing exceptionally high volumes this year.

Every single parcel, letter and card is important to us. Despite our best efforts and significant investment in extra resource, some customers may experience slightly longer delivery timescales than our usual service standards. This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices. In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail Distribution

Air
Last night the flight from East Midlands to Exeter was late departing due to a fault with the security screening system, this resulted in the late arrival of the aircraft into Exeter. As a result, some mail due for delivery today in the far South West of England may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule on Friday night.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule on Friday night.

The mail centres below have reported not all mail was processed and despatched to delivery offices on schedule on Friday night, and may be delivered later than expected:

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.
Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas.
Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in other parts of the UK, for delivery today in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.
Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the DE and NG postcode areas.
Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Friday, for delivery today in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas.
Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK on Frdiay, for delivery today in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Royal Mail Deliveries

Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be across the weekend. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.

Gillingham (ME7)
South Ockendon (RM15)
Tooting (SW17)
Totton (SO40, SO43)