ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Update of Royal Mail Coronavirus Impact.

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Update of Royal Mail Coronavirus Impact.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tuesday 6 April 2020

General Overview

We're delivering and collecting mail in all parts of the UK today. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues at some of our delivery offices.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Mail Centres
All our mail centres processed to schedule over the last 24-hrs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 7 April 2020

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ice-update

General Overview

We're delivering and collecting mail in all parts of the UK today. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues at some of our delivery offices.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
An aircraft carrying mail from East Midlands Airport to Belfast Airport last night arrived later than scheduled. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in Northern Ireland may arrive later than expected.

An aircraft carrying mail from East Midlands Airport to Edinburgh Airport last night arrived later than scheduled. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in Central and Southern Scotland may arrive later than anticipated.

High volumes of mail meant not all mail was able to be sent on the flight from East Midlands Airport to Exeter Airport. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the rest of the UK, for delivery today in the South West of England, may arrive later than planned.

The flight from Aberdeen Airport to Lerwick (Shetlands) was delayed taking off due to snow. As a result of this, some mail posted in the rest of the UK yesterday, for delivery today in the Shetlands, may arrive later than expected.

Snow at both Inverness and Stornoway Airports meant that the flight to Benbecula was delayed last night. As a result, mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the Hebrides (HS postcode area), may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Road
A vehicle travelling from the Swindon Mail Centre to the South West Distribution Centre arrived late last night, missing the scheduled services. As a result of this, a small amount of mail posted in parts of the South East, due for delivery today in the South West of England and South Wales, may arrive later than expected.

Last night a vehicle from London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre arrived late at our South Western Distribution Centre. As a result of this, some mail posted in parts of London and the South East yesterday for delivery today in the South West of England and South Wales may arrive later than planned.

Diversions on the M4 motorway resulted in the late arrival of several vehicles in to London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre last night, missing connections with scheduled outbound services. As a result of this, some mail posted in parts of the South West of England and South Wales yesterday for delivery today in parts of the South East and London may arrive later than anticipated.

Mail Centres
The following mail centres were unable to process all mail to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Southampton Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the PO, SO and SP postcode areas.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 9 April 2020

General Overview

Air
The flight from Aberdeen Airport to Lerwick (Shetlands) last night was delayed due to a technical fault with the aircraft. As a result of this, a small amount of mail posted in the rest of the UK yesterday, for delivery today in the Shetlands, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Rail
Last night, a train carrying mail from Warrington Rail Terminal to the Scottish Distribution Centre arrived later than scheduled due to a broken down freight train on the line. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in parts of Scotland, may arrive later than expected.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hrs.

Mail Centres
All our mail centres processed mail to schedule over the last 24-hrs.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 10 April and Sunday 11 April 2021

General Overview

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 10 April. Deliveries may also be made in some areas on Sunday 11 April as we work hard to get all mail to you. There are no collections on Sunday 11 April.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 12 April 2021

General Overview

We're delivering and collecting mail in all parts of the UK today.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres processed all mail to schedule over the weekend with the following exception.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Saturday in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 13 April 2021

General Overview

Air
Due to capacity constraints on the aircraft, some mail due to be carried on the flights from East Midlands to Belfast and, Stansted to Edinburgh was transferred to contingency road services last night. As a result, a small amount of letters and parcels posted on Monday in England and Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in Northern Ireland and Scotland, may arrive later than expected.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres processed all mail to schedule over the past 24 hours with the following exception.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 14 April 2021

General Overview

Air
A flight from Edinburgh arrived late into Stansted missing it's scheduled onward connection. As a result, a small amount of letters and parcels posted on Tuesday in Central and Southern Scotland due for delivery today to addresses in London and the South East of England, may arrive later than expected.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres processed mail to schedule over the past 24 hours.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 15 April 2021

General Overview

Air
All flights operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Rail
All rail services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
All road services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres processed mail to schedule over the past 24 hours with the following exceptions due to mechanical breakdowns.

Exeter Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday in the EX and TQ postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 19 April 2021

General Overview

Air
All flights operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
All rail services operated to schedule over the the weekend.

Road
All road services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered later than expected

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas, due for delivery on Saturday in other parts of the UK.
Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas are likely to be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence.

These offices are the exception and are listed below.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available to support these offices. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.

No offices currently listed as exceptions

If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised Customer Service Point opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 20 April 2021

General Overview

Air
All flights operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
All rail services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
All road services operated to schedule over the past 24-hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered later than expected

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.

Home Counties North Mail Centre Some mail posted yesterday in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas are likely to be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are the exception and are listed below.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available to support these offices. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.

If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised Customer Service Point opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

No reports for today 21 April 2021. From this point forward I will post updates only when there are major delays.

A daily update and various links can be found on Royal Mails own website at https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ice-update
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Air
All flights operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
All rail services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Road services operated to schedule over the past 24-hours, with one exception: A breakdown delayed the arrival of a vehicle travelling from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to our Yorkshire Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the NE postcode area, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK, may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Air, Rail and Road
Our air, and rail networks all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
A vehicle arrived late into our Atherstone hub last night due to heavy traffic on route and subsequently departed late en-route to Leeds Mail Centre. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, may arrive later than planned.

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered later than expected

Norwich Mail Centre Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the NR postcode area.
Northern Ireland Mail Centre Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the BT postcode area.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Deliveries today : Tuesday 11 May 2021
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas are likely to be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are the exception and are listed below.

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.