ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fife distillery praised for making hand sanitiser for local postmen

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/people ... en-2535348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A whisky distillery has been praised for providing a local Royal Mail depot with hand sanitiser – despite having to pay a hefty tax bill to do so.

Lindores Abbey Distillery gave a huge 25 metre tub full of hand sanitiser to the depot in Cupar, even though it meant paying a £450 tax bill, for free.

Drew McKenzie Smith, founder and managing director, praised local Royal Mail staff as “unsung heroes” and said the distillery team wanted to do something to help.

“We read about other distilleries doing it,” Drew said.

“We’re community based. For example, when we built the distillery there were no objections. We wanted to repay that favour.

“Making it was probably similar to other distilleries. We followed the World Health Organisation rules.

“It was quite expensive. We had to pay tax and it cost us £450. It was worth doing.”

However, Drew did say there was one difference between the sanitiser produced by Lindores Abbey and other distilleries.

“Our sanitiser does smell of whisky,” he said.

“We warned them not to drink it.”

The distillery has also been giving away yeast.

Local postman Pat Moncur paid tribute to the distillery for the donating.

He wrote on Facebook: “Just like to say a huge thank you for providing Royal Mail Cupar with hand sanitizer! It smells just like the aqua vitae I bought last year.

“It certainly makes a big difference knowing I can clean my hands while delivering post. Thank you – it’s businesses like yours that will suffer financially yet you have a heart of gold. Many thanks for your generosity and kindness, I really appreciate it, as I know all the posties do. Thank you.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.