not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ROYAL MAIL GIVEN THE OK TO STOP 6 DAY SERVICE

07 Apr 2020, 14:26

Read this - but i bet Rico and his cronies wont take the offer up they would rather see us all die !

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roya ... -ltnztm7ng

07 Apr 2020, 14:54

On the contrary.He will get what He wants and then We will be stuck with it for evermore. I want Rico to buy My next lottery ticket.This man has had more luck in a few months than most guys get in their lifetime

07 Apr 2020, 15:11

dodgy ground doing this imo and would it ever return :hmmmm , as this is what rico and his cronies wanted to do and get rid of the 6 days service for good .

07 Apr 2020, 15:25

~insert swear word~ Thats me (and many reserves) out of a job then.

07 Apr 2020, 15:31

2yearpostie wrote:~insert swear word~ That's me (and many reserves) out of a job then.

Not necessarily. If they did end the 6 day/week delivery and it did cost 20 000 jobs, then there would have to be a mechanism for deciding on those redundancies.
Not filling vacancies and natural wastage would account for some - and then there will be the afternoon parcel delivery jobs to fill.

07 Apr 2020, 16:00

a very limited Tracked deliveries on a Sunday will probably happen eventually, maybe SDs as well but for a high premium. Seems like most if not all rival firms now do Sunday deliveries

07 Apr 2020, 16:18

Can anyone copy and paste the full article not paying for a subscription. Lol

07 Apr 2020, 16:33

Yamr1 wrote:Can anyone copy and paste the full article not paying for a subscription. Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

07 Apr 2020, 16:36

I think it's just a case of we'll turn a blind eye during the current circumstances.

07 Apr 2020, 16:41

Cheers, Aardvark. No official statement from them as such. I hardly think it's giving RM the 'nod to cut six-day service' as claimed. We'll see...

07 Apr 2020, 17:27

Woody Guthrie wrote:I think it's just a case of we'll turn a blind eye during the current circumstances.

I agree, But once you start down that slippery slope of defining what's "essential" and what isn't, it's tough to stop.

Many thanks for the CWU to putting a number to how many days of the week you need to deliver "essential" stuff. Three! The rest of it is just a waste of time and money.

07 Apr 2020, 18:00

Impossible right now. We are as busy as Xmas. We need the 6 days.

07 Apr 2020, 20:22

norris9 wrote:Impossible right now. We are as busy as Xmas. We need the 6 days.

spoken like a true company man - u getting lots of overtime then ?

07 Apr 2020, 21:32

Nothing will change , they will just turn a blind eye to walks failing like they have been for the last few weeks.

07 Apr 2020, 23:43

CRIBMAD wrote:

well you can enjoy a 5 day service if u like....but deal with even busier days with the backlog. enjoy!

08 Apr 2020, 00:33

norris9 wrote:
CRIBMAD wrote:

well you can enjoy a 5 day service if u like....but deal with even busier days with the backlog. enjoy!

Don't need to deal with any backlog, do your hours and go home :arrrghhh

08 Apr 2020, 15:33

A bit late. We dropped to every other day for letters when they moved to one in a van

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1