ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

South East Bristol Delivery Office : Royal Mail confirms staff shortages due to Covid-19 are reason for disruption

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

South East Bristol Delivery Office : Royal Mail confirms staff shortages due to Covid-19 are reason for disruption

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... es-7110868

Royal Mail confirms staff shortages due to Covid-19 are reason for disruption
Customers hoping to visit the South East Bristol Delivery Office this week found it to have been closed for a number of days

Royal Mail has confirmed that staff shortages as a result of Covid caused its sorting office on Mead Street to close for a number of days.

On Thursday (May 19) a local resident shared two photos of the Customer Service Point at the office to Twitter, writing: "Third day in a row that I've gone out of my way to the sorting office and it's closed... What's going on?!"

In the tweet, paper signs could be seen on the Customer Service Point - one reading "unfortunately due to staff shortage we are unable to open our Customer Service Point today. Our apologies, RM Management."

Another read: "Due to unforeseen circumstances this CSP will be closing at 12pm for the rest of this week. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. Kind Regards, Management."

In a statement, a Royal Mail spokseperson told Bristol Live: "A high level of sickness absences caused by Covid-19 meant that we had no choice but to close the Customer Service Point at our South East Bristol Delivery Office on Mead Street for several days. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

"This Customer Service Point will be open until 12pm on Saturday, May 21, and from 11am to 3pm on Sunday, May 22. From Monday, May 23, it will be back to its normal hours as detailed on our website"
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: South East Bristol Delivery Office : Royal Mail confirms staff shortages due to Covid-19 are reason for disruption

Post by POSTMAN »

Units that report three consecutive days of 30% of DPs failing USO gets you on the list and public RM service disruption website. Then you need three consecutive days below 30% to get off the list (well below and back to stable USO).

Offices 'officially' in trouble?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: South East Bristol Delivery Office : Royal Mail confirms staff shortages due to Covid-19 are reason for disruption

Post by cockneyrebel »

Is it not that Bristol and Oxford who also hit have been in trouble for many months now re bad boy 100 when it went up a while back ??
They bot on list for months !!!
So as someone else said here-lets have the real reason !!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe the TASK FORCE ! ! ! can be parachuted in by the Flying Pig and sprinkle some resourcing dust, Thinking outside the box dust and the other item they do which eludes me !!!!
But then lets face it Task Force eluded most depots !!