ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Covid: Record 4.9 million people have the virus in UK

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Covid: Record 4.9 million people have the virus in UK

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60953501

About one in every 13 people in the UK has coronavirus, according to latest estimates from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

That is some 4.9 million people, up from 4.3 million people the week before.

ONS officials say that is the highest number seen since its survey began at the end of April 2020.

The surge in infections is being driven partly by the contagious Omicron BA.2 sub-variant and people mixing more.

The figures for the week ending 26 March are thought to give the most accurate reflection of what's happening with the virus in the community.

The ONS survey tests thousands of people randomly in households across the UK - whether or not they have symptoms.

Kara Steel, senior statistician for the Covid-19 infection survey, said: "Infection levels remain high, with the highest levels recorded in our survey seen in England and Wales and notable increases among older age groups."

The latest data comes on the day that most people in England will have to start paying for Covid-19 tests.

The government's "living with Covid" plan means free testing will only continue for certain groups - including some people with weakened immune systems, people admitted to hospital and health and care staff.

In general people who test positive for Covid are now advised to try to stay at home for five days and avoid contact with others.

For most children and young people under 18, three days is enough, says the latest official advice.

Read more at the link.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

daveyeff

Re: Covid: Record 4.9 million people have the virus in UK

Post by daveyeff »

i think most of the uk has had it at least once by now.
iHateD2Ds

Re: Covid: Record 4.9 million people have the virus in UK

Post by iHateD2Ds »

The question is,how long until the variant gets very nasty and very contagious?
And realise we are xxxxed.