ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal delays cannot just be blamed on Covid

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Postal delays cannot just be blamed on Covid

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/ne ... med-covid/

SIR: I was a postman working in the Highlands of Scotland for four years 20 years ago. Royal Mail has to be one of the worst employers around.

The turnover of staff is unbelievable. Why?

Royal Mail is run by individuals who have never delivered a letter in their life. The delays experienced now cannot just be blamed on Covid. This has obviously added to the problem.

Royal Mail is more about profit, as we have found with many privatised companies, than care of its own staff.

I recall it was an offence to hold up the Queen’s post. But yet, here we have the organisation responsible for our mail doing exactly that.

David Brown,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

roadrunner bill

Re: Postal delays cannot just be blamed on Covid

Post by roadrunner bill »

It's become a hell hole.. since they privatised it... dreadful company now..