ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail apologises for delivery delays across Hampshire

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail apologises for delivery delays across Hampshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/ham ... ys-6485054

Staff shortages due to Covid isolation and illnesses have caused delays to the Royal Mail’s service in Hampshire.

As Covid-19 cases continue to rise in the UK, the Royal Mail has been hit hard in Hampshire, with the postal service admitting to ‘high levels’ of sickness.

Hampshire County Council member Cllr Peter Chegwyn has urged residents to be patient while the Royal Mail deals with its backlog.

READ MORE: Conservative MP Caroline Nokes calls for 'damaging' Boris Johnson to resign

He said: "In Gosport alone I know we had more than a dozen posties off work, which has hindered the postal service over the past two weeks.

"I’m still waiting on some Christmas cards myself.

"The bottom line is that right now there are too few workers having to do too much work – and that is the case in a lot of different industries.

"What makes this worse is how the government has changed the isolation rules – the lateral flow tests aren’t 100 per cent effective so you could be walking around spreading Covid and be none the wiser about it."

The Royal Mail’s service tracker only flags up the PO9 and PO10 postcodes in Havant as having issues.

The Royal Mail isn’t the only service in Hampshire that has been hit by Covid-19 disruption.

As of January 3, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service had 64 firefighters either ill or isolating due to Covid-19, equating to 4.4 per cent of the workforce.

The Royal Mail has vowed to resolve its ongoing issues as soon as possible, and has urged anyone with worries about their post to get in touch.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "The vast majority of mail is delivered safely and on time.

"We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week

"In some areas of Hampshire, we have been experiencing some delays to service due to high levels of sickness absence and Covid related self-isolation.

"We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience experienced.

"We have been working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible.

"Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740740 or via the Royal Mail website."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail apologises for delivery delays across Hampshire

Post by cockneyrebel »

I was just wondering if instead of the 100 List of Depots not performing well
Could we put up The 100 List of Depots with no walk failures/problems /sickness/staff issues etc
But have we got 100 depots without mail issues ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Be great to know if we do have 100 or more/less No issue depots