ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

London Covid: Shocking photo shows London post box stuffed full with PCR tests

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

London Covid: Shocking photo shows London post box stuffed full with PCR tests

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/l ... s-22586416

The picture was posted to the r/London page on Reddit and received a number of comments, some amusing, some more serious.

One wrote: "Postman needs a hazmat suit for collection."

Another joked: "This picture should be the official R/London Christmas card."

One commenter claimed to work for Royal Mail, posting: "I work for Royal Mail, half of what we deliver these days are Covid tests."

After many commenters complained of long waiting times for getting results back one person responded: "As a NHS employee who finished his night shift I confirm that it's crazy at the Lab!"

Government data shows that 122,186 new cases were found on Friday breaking previously case number records.

According to the Mayor of London, 22,224 tested positive for Covid yesterday (December 27).

Commenters also shared their stories of post boxes in their local areas being full.

"Lewisham is like this," another said. "Had to post my Christmas cards across three post-boxes because the first two I tried were so full of home PCRs that very few cards would fit in."

With New Year on the horizon, it is likely that more people will be testing so they can meet with friends and family to celebrate, so PCR congestion might continue into 2022.

Figures show that despite a drop over Christmas and Boxing Day, Covid cases continue to break daily records as more and more people test positive.

It is possible that one in 10 Londoners could have the virus as of last weekend.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: London Covid: Shocking photo shows London post box stuffed full with PCR tests

Post by ConeHater »

Popped my 24hr Tracked antibody test in a Priority Postbox on a Saturday, well before the collection time and then tracked it going nowhere ‘til Monday afternoon.