ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal deliveries in Bishop's Stortford area hit as workers struck down by Covid-19 and other sickness

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Postal deliveries in Bishop's Stortford area hit as workers struck down by Covid-19 and other sickness

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bishopsstortfordindependent ... s-9230616/

Almost a third of postal workers covering the Bishop's Stortford area have been off work at the same time at Royal Mail's busiest time of year because of a Covid-19 outbreak and other sickness.

A spokesperson for the company admitted this week it was experiencing delays to the service in the Chelmsford (CM) area, which incorporates Stortford, Sawbridgeworth and surrounding villages, due to "significant" absences on medical grounds.

"Due to the exceptionally high numbers of staff absent, we have taken on extra staff to provide additional support," said the spokesperson.

"We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may have experienced. We are working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible."

In November 2020 the Indie reported that 37 postal workers had been sent home from the Sawbridgeworth sorting office to self-isolate after five staff tested positive for Covid-19.

Deliveries were affected, with householders left waiting for medication, hospital appointment letters and Christmas parcels.

At the time a Royal Mail spokesperson said some areas of the country "may on occasion experience a temporary reduction in service levels due to coronavirus-related absences and necessary social distancing measures at their local mail centre or delivery office".
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.