ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coronavirus in Portsmouth: Royal Mail delivery delays as 'high sickness rate' and Covid isolation hits staff

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Coronavirus in Portsmouth: Royal Mail delivery delays as 'high sickness rate' and Covid isolation hits staff

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/c ... ff-3490750

ROYAL Mail has said sickness and Covid self-isolation has left posties short-staffed in Portsmouth.

It comes as people told The News they had not received mail and were concerned about the run up to Christmas.

Now Royal Mail has confirmed ‘some delays’ due to staff absences.

Havant resident Lesley Campbell complained after not receiving post in 10 days.

And Lesley said a day two PCR test ordered on November 29 did not arrive despite Royal Mail texts confirming a December 4 delivery date.

Lesley said: ‘We all understand the pressures that Covid is putting on many businesses but the level of service we, and our neighbours, are receiving from Royal Mail is beyond unacceptable.'

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: ‘In the Portsmouth area we have been experiencing some delays to services due to Covid-related self-isolation and high sickness absence.

‘We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may experience as we work hard to resolve the situation.

‘Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website royalmail.com.’

She said the ‘vast majority’ of post is delivered on time, six days a week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."