ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coatbridge Residents go up to two weeks without post after Covid outbreak hits Royal Mail

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Coatbridge Residents go up to two weeks without post after Covid outbreak hits Royal Mail

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-a ... o-25536043

Some Coatbridge residents have went up to two weeks without receiving any post following a Covid outbreak among Royal Mail staff.

More than half of all postal workers in the area have been off through coronavirus at the same time, with other sickness absences also hitting staffing numbers.

Royal Mail has had to take on "extra agency staff" to provide additional support - and has apologised to its Coatbridge customers.

Get all the news from your area – as well as features, entertainment, sport and the latest on Lanarkshire’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic – straight to your fingertips, 24/7.

The free download features the latest breaking news and exclusive stories, and allows you to customise your page to the sections that matter most to you.

A concerned local resident who wished to remain anonymous contacted the Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser to say: "Some parts of Coatbridge have had no mail for nearly two weeks.

"I've heard there are 27 staff off sick and there is a massive backlog of mail."

A Royal Mail spokesperson told Lanarkshire Live : “In the Coatbridge area, we are experiencing delays to service due to significant COVID-related and other sickness absences.

"More than half of all postal workers have been off at the same time due to a recent COVID outbreak. Due to the exceptionally high numbers of staff absent, we have taken on extra agency staff to provide additional support.

"We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may have experienced. We are working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.