ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Chelmsford residents fail to receive mail for three weeks

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Chelmsford residents fail to receive mail for three weeks

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-59321815

People living in parts of Essex have said they have not received any post from Royal Mail for up to three weeks.

Householders in the Chelmsford postcodes CM1, CM2 and CM3 said they had not received deliveries since 25 October.

A Royal Mail spokesperson confirmed it was "experiencing some disruption to service due to resourcing issues".

Residents also experienced problems with deliveries between January and March this year.

In a statement the Royal Mail apologised to customers.

"We are experiencing some disruption to service due to resourcing issues which we are addressing as quickly as possible," it said.

Dave Joyce of the Communication Workers' Union confirmed the staff shortages were due to Covid control measures and said the workforce was doing its best.

"Chelmsford people can rest assured that all their Christmas deliveries will be made on time," he said.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Chelmsford residents fail to receive mail for three weeks

Post by POSTMAN »

I thought I would share this letter that I have received from Royal Mail

Last week, Royal Mail told me that they would work to ensure that all Chelmsford postcodes received at least 2 deliveries this week. Over the past few days, I have had some emails from residents letting me know that their post is now arriving. However, it also appears that some people are still not getting their post. Some people who have received deliveries are still waiting for items that were sent more recently.

My assistant has spoken to Royal Mail Head Office this morning and asked them to investigate (again).

If you have not received post, please can you email me your address and postcode on vicky.ford.mp@parliament.uk and I will ask Royal Mail to urgently prioritise your local area.

Unfortunately, the information provided by Royal Mail on their website does not give much detail for residents. I will ask Royal Mail (again) to improve this.

I am also aware that some people have been impacted financially by this situation. In Royal Mails letter they give a link to their compensation scheme. However, this may not cover some of the consequential losses that people have suffered.

I have had many constituents write to me to thank their individual Postal Workers who are working so hard to get residents mail to them. From me, a huge thank you!

If this has affected you please do email me to let me know the details and any evidence and I will raise this with Royal Mail.
Here is the link Royal Mail has shared regarding possible compensation: https://www.royalmail.com/retail-compen ... licy-delay
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Dave Joyce of the Communication Workers' Union confirmed the staff shortages were due to Covid control measures and said the workforce was doing its best.
Simon Thomson
I was at Chelmsford this morning - a number of the team were not wearing face coverings - so we had a nice positive chat with them - and they put them on - let’s try and help each other - as best we can -
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Simon Thomson
I went yesterday - unannounced - team are making great progress - 50% of backlog cleared - probably need another 6-7 days to get back on top..
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
Bunny7

Post by Bunny7 »

Still awaiting post to Galleywood area. Not had post for 8 days. Credit card statements overdue as well magazine, possible hospital appointment and bank statement. Told by postman in street today, he was told to deliver parcels only. Big backlog of post for Galleywood mounting up at Dukes Park depot. Totally unacceptable!
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Bunny the postmen/ women totally agree we are all disgusted by it all too