ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bury St Edmunds : Mail services disrupted following 'significant' Covid-19 outbreak at delivery centre

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Bury St Edmunds : Mail services disrupted following 'significant' Covid-19 outbreak at delivery centre

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/bury-st-e ... t-9226036/

Residents in Bury St Edmunds are being told to expect disruption to Royal Mail services after a 'significant' Covid-19 outbreak at the main delivery centre.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said a coronavirus outbreak at the office in Skyliner Way affected more than 32 people which, coupled with 28 staff off sick or on annual leave, left around 60 staff off work at the same time.

They said: "In the Bury St Edmunds area we are experiencing disruption to service due to significant Covid-related and other sickness absences.

"Due to the exceptionally high numbers of staff absent we have been rotating deliveries in the area so that our customers receive their mail as frequently as possible.

"We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they have experienced.

"We expect our levels of service will begin returning to normal as soon as possible."

The spokesperson added anyone with concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740740 or via their website: www.royalmail.com
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.