ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail failing to deliver post in Parson Cross

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail failing to deliver post in Parson Cross

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://newsheffieldissue.jusnet.co.uk/ ... son-cross/

There have been ongoing issues with the delivery of letters and parcels for four months, with some missing post about hospital appointments, Parson Cross residents have claimed.

“It’s been going on for months and my hospital appointments and letters are not arriving – it’s disgusting,” said one local resident.

“I’ve complained to Royal Mail about it again. I’m purchasing stuff and it’s either going missing or being posted elsewhere.

“Either way, it’s past a joke now. They can’t keep blaming Covid.”

She added: “We’ve put no end of other people’s post back in the postbox. [Delivering to the] wrong address is disgusting because some people aren’t honest and wouldn’t give letters and parcels back.”

The resident recently went to the Sheffield North East Delivery Office at the advice of the retailers she had purchased from, but the worker ‘hadn’t got a clue’ and the parcels she was expecting were not there.

The longest period she has gone without any letters or parcels being delivered is three weeks.

Another Parson Cross local has spoken to a Royal Mail employee on their round and was told there is a staff shortage and they will not have a ‘regular postie’ in the area until Christmas time.

She knows of two neighbours who have missed hospital appointments, including post-surgery ones.

“I could understand it during the pandemic as people were ill or had been in close contact with those who had Covid, but people’s patience is wearing thin,” she said, speaking to NEW Sheffield Issue.

“Unfortunately, the local sorting offices and posties on their rounds get it in the neck – it’s not fair because it’s out of their control.”

The resident received some post last Monday, but nothing since, and has had to make weekly trips to the delivery office.

She said: “The thing is, elderly people and those with disabilities can’t walk there and rely on our post services.”

When approached by NEW Sheffield Issue, a Royal Mail spokesperson said: “In limited areas across the UK, we are experiencing some delays due to ongoing Covid-related absences and vacancy issues, but we aim to deliver mail six days a week, and where this is not possible due to high absence levels, we’ll deliver at least every other day.

“Every item of mail is important to us, and thankfully the vast majority of items are securely delivered.”

They advise anyone who has delivery concerns to contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740.

You can also report first and second class items as lost 10 days after the date they were due to arrive.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

rubberbond

Re: Royal Mail failing to deliver post in Parson Cross

Post by rubberbond »

“ They can’t keep blaming Covid”
Wanna bet?
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Failing to deliver post all over the uk more like !
postieblueshirt

Post by postieblueshirt »

Welcome to the privatisation of a public service.