ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

High levels of sickness blamed for disruption to postal services in Lichfield and Burntwood

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

High levels of sickness blamed for disruption to postal services in Lichfield and Burntwood

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://lichfieldlive.co.uk/2021/10/01/ ... burntwood/

High levels of staff sickness have been to blame for delays in postal services across Lichfield and Burntwood, postal chiefs have said.

Cllr Sue Woodward raised concerns over disruption to postal services, with residents highlighting late or inconsistent deliveries in recent weeks.

The Royal Mail has now contacted the Burntwood Town Council leader to explain why some services may have been disrupted – and assure residents that delivery is now back to normal.

In a letter to Cllr Woodward, they said:

“Of the huge volumes of letters and packets we handle, very few encounter a problem along the way – but we take every single failure seriously.

“The delivery office manager has advised us that due to Covid-19 there has been a large amount of sickness which has been causing delivery issues. However, they are now back on track and everything is being delivered daily.

“Please be assured that we take letting our customers down seriously and will use the information you provided to make further improvements.”

Royal Mail spokesperson

Cllr Woodward told Lichfield Live she was pleased to have answers to the concerns of local people – but insisted it was important the situation was monitored going forward.

“I hope this provides some reassurance to local residents.

“They’ve clearly had problems with sickness absence and I hope our posties and their families are now on the mend.

“It’s something though that we need to keep an eye on

“In some cases, such as hospital appointments, it might be wise to let the administrators know about recent delivery problems and check that you haven’t missed anything. “

Cllr Sue Woodward, Burntwood Town Council
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

frankieboy

Re: High levels of sickness blamed for disruption to postal services in Lichfield and Burntwood

Post by frankieboy »

More lies coming from management, it's about time the media spoke to the posties for the truth instead of lying managers.
ted_e_bear

Re: High levels of sickness blamed for disruption to postal services in Lichfield and Burntwood

Post by ted_e_bear »

The delivery office manager has advised us that due to Covid-19 there has been a large amount of sickness :left:

Yeah yeah