ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Romford : Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Romford : Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ ... il-8362490

Royal Mail has apologised for delays to postal deliveries in Romford because of Covid-related absences.

Andy Butler, a pensioner who lives in Straight Road, said he has been left without deliveries for two weeks.

He is not able to walk to his nearest Post Office on Trowbridge Road due a respiratory condition.

The 80-year-old said: “The post has been missing for two weeks. I get letters from the NHS concerning my condition and I haven’t received any.

“My concern is that there are letters which need to be read due to deadlines needing to be met.

"Nothing has been sent to confirm why I am receiving no deliveries."

A Royal Mail spokesperson said the health and safety of its colleagues and customers is its "number one priority".

They also confirmed they are experiencing "some disruption to service due to Covid-related absences" in a "limited number of areas".

“We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for six days a week," they added. "If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll look to deliver at least every other day.

"We apologise to customers in the Romford area for any inconvenience if they are experiencing delays.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

frankieboy

Re: Romford : Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'

Post by frankieboy »

Lies lies lies yet again, nothing to do with absences due to covid, all to do with revisions that are not working. When are Royal Mail going to realise they are putting lives at risk due to their incompetence.