ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rossendale Royal Mail post 'every other day' if staff shortages cripple local service

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Rossendale Royal Mail post 'every other day' if staff shortages cripple local service

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... y-21588037

Royal Mail post could go to once every other day if Covid sickness and self-isolation cripples the service in Rossendale.

Mail bosses say they will look to deliver “at least every other day” in the event of Covid-related staff absences.

Royal Mail services in Rossendale have been hit recently by disruption to the workforce.

But it is understood the service has now returned to normal.

A Royal Mail spokesperson told LancsLive: “The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority.

“In a limited number of areas, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to Covid-related absences.

“We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

“If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll look to deliver at least every other day.

We apologise to customers in the Rossendale area for any inconvenience if they are experiencing delays.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."