ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Picket Twenty residents left without mail for fortnight due to Covid absences

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Picket Twenty residents left without mail for fortnight due to Covid absences

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/new ... -absences/

RESIDENTS in Picket Twenty have been left confused by a lack of postal deliveries over the past fortnight.

But now the Royal Mail has confirmed that “COVID related absences” are behind the delays.

Posting on a community Facebook page last week, one resident wrote: “Not seen a postie all week and been expecting post since Saturday.”

Another added: “This is the second day in a row with no delivery which is very unusual for us.”

Then today (Tuesday, September 7), another resident, who asked not to be named, told the Advertiser: “We have not received any post from the post office since August 26. I've been told today that a shortage of people is the cause, sickness etcetera.”

When the Advertiser asked Royal Mail why there were delays, and when residents could expect normal service to resume, a spokesperson said: “The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority. In a limited number of areas, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to COVID related absences.

“We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day.

“It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

ted_e_bear

Re: Picket Twenty residents left without mail for fortnight due to Covid absences

Post by ted_e_bear »

This standard "covid related absences" excuse is wearing a bit thin now, how about sorry our service is s**t but we're trying to save money by not employing enough posties, we especially like to hold back on recruitment if any leave us.
Chelseablue

Re: Picket Twenty residents left without mail for fortnight due to Covid absences

Post by Chelseablue »

We seem in a worse state than even ricos days , morale really bad , workloads unachievable , and christmas pressure soon upon us . The public are getting a terrible service now. You need to send a birthday card like a cpl weeks before now to be safe !