ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bristol : Royal Mail defends delivery delays as coronavirus continues to disrupt service : "We'll deliver at least every other day. It's only in extreme cases that this may not be possible"

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bristol : Royal Mail defends delivery delays as coronavirus continues to disrupt service : "We'll deliver at least every other day. It's only in extreme cases that this may not be possible"

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ys-5825552

"We’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases that this may not be possible"

The Royal Mail has admitted it is experiencing disruption to its deliveries in Bristol because so many posties are catching Covid or having to isolate.

But bosses at the delivery service maintain they are still aiming to deliver to every home and business six days a week - or every other day where there are staff shortages.

A number of people have got in touch with Bristol Live to complain about an absence of deliveries in many parts of Bristol, particularly in the BS3, BS4, BS8, BS10 and BS13 postcodes - with some people claiming they are not receiving post for more than a week at a time.

Community Facebook pages are also busy with people sharing stories of delayed deliveries.

One person left waiting is Kate Scott, who lives in BS3. She said: “There’s no clear information about this anywhere and we’re all getting really angry about it, as important mail isn’t being delivered. We know they had staff shortages because of Covid, but we can’t even go and collect our mail.

“Some post is being delivered, but definitely not all and it seems to be in dribs and drabs. Why can’t they get some temporary staff, like they do at Christmas?

“We’ve phoned twice and they’re very vague about it, and keep giving the wrong opening hours. People are missing lots of mail and it’s disgraceful. There should be some compensation for people who have items arrive spoilt and unusable, and who have had post arrive late for birthdays."

'Beyond a joke'

She said the situation was getting "beyond a joke", adding: "My partner has been waiting four weeks for a package. I understand these are hard times but it’s not acceptable.

"My partner was told on the phone that it was up to the local postmaster to prioritise and allocate workforce and decide which streets not to deliver to."

The Royal Mail has played down the severity of the issue, but admits that ‘only in extreme cases’ will post not get delivered for days or a week.

“The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority,” said a spokesperson for Royal Mail.

“In a limited number of areas, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to COVID related absences. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day.

"It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible,” she added.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

guardianangel

Re: Bristol : Royal Mail defends delivery delays as coronavirus continues to disrupt service : "We'll deliver at least every other day. It's only in extreme cases that this may not be possible"

Post by guardianangel »

There's walks in my office not going out for 4 days and people willing to do overtime,seems to me Royal mail pulling the wool over the regulator and customers eyes,every company using the guise of covid to save money.
panzer4
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Bristol : Royal Mail defends delivery delays as coronavirus continues to disrupt service : "We'll deliver at least every other day. It's only in extreme cases that this may not be possible"

Post by panzer4 »

guardianangel wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 19:43
There's walks in my office not going out for 4 days and people willing to do overtime,seems to me Royal mail pulling the wool over the regulator and customers eyes,every company using the guise of covid to save money.
Got to agree with you on that where I live lucky to get two deliveries a week