ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail staff isolating leaves Hedon residents without post for weeks : Some have not had post for three weeks

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail staff isolating leaves Hedon residents without post for weeks : Some have not had post for three weeks

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... es-5778266

Recently residents have complained about allegedly receiving no post for weeks or receiving large piles of post at once, after not getting any for a while.

Post workers in the area have allegedly told residents that the delays are due to large numbers of staff isolating due to Covid-19.

It is understood around 45 members of staff are currently isolating

A spokesperson for Royal Mail said: "The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority. In a limited number of areas, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to COVID related absences.

"We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

"If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible”.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.