ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail warns four Bristol postcodes face delivery disruption due to Covid

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail warns four Bristol postcodes face delivery disruption due to Covid

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ol-5761499

There are "very high levels of absence"

Royal Mail has warned that four Bristol postcodes face coronavirus disruption to deliveries this week.

Citing "very high levels of absence" due to staff self-isolating, the company announced potential delays for homes in BS3, BS5, BS14 and BS41.

In an update on its website today (August 9), Royal Mail listed those postcodes and 14 others across the country which are likely to be affected.

"Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week," Royal Mail said.

"We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence."

The full list of postcodes is as follows:

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol East (BS5)
Bristol South (BS3, BS14 and BS41)
Chorley (PR6)
Plympton (PL7)
Rochdale (OL11, OL12, OL13, OL14, OL15, OL16)

Royal Mail added: "We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits."

Though 18 postcodes are listed in today's update, this is not the most severe recent disruption at Royal Mail, which warned of delays to 34 postcodes in late July.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."