ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How are rules changing in Scotland? : From Monday 9 August most remaining legal restrictions end

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

How are rules changing in Scotland? : From Monday 9 August most remaining legal restrictions end

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

From Monday 9 August most remaining legal restrictions end. It means:

No physical distancing, or limits on the size of social gatherings

No venues legally required to close

However, some requirements will continue, including:

Face coverings compulsory on public transport and inside places like shops "for some time to come"
Indoor hospitality venues must collect customer contact details
Travel restrictions will continue
People will continue to be advised to work from home where possible
Organisers of large events must apply for permission
Restrictions remain in schools for the first six weeks of the new term, including 1m physical distancing
Until 9 August, all of Scotland is at level zero.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: How are rules changing in Scotland? : From Monday 9 August most remaining legal restrictions end

Post by POSTMAN »

Covid in Scotland: Most restrictions to end from 9 August...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58057380

Almost all of Scotland's remaining Covid-19 restrictions are to end from 9 August, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed.

Social distancing will be dropped in most settings, meaning more capacity in pubs and restaurants and larger crowds at sporting events and concerts.

And close contacts of those who test positive for Covid will no longer have to self-isolate - as long as they are fully vaccinated and test negative.

However, the wearing of face coverings in some public spaces will continue.

This will include secondary schools, where staff will need to maintain 1m physical distancing for the first six weeks of term and twice-weekly testing will be required.

The first minister also said a "gradual approach" will be taken to returning workers to offices, warning that the virus still poses "real challenges".

While the changes would restore a "substantial degree of normality", she said they do not "signal the end of the pandemic or a return to life exactly as we knew it".

She said: "Declaring freedom from or victory over this virus is in my view premature."

The number of new Covid-19 cases has fallen markedly from the peak of the "third wave", with Ms Sturgeon saying the infection rate had fallen by two-thirds since early July.

The percentage of tests coming back positive has also fallen, as has the number of patients being admitted to hospital and intensive care wards with the virus.

The first minister said uptake of the Covid-19 vaccine had been "exceptional", and that this - along with the fall in cases - made it possible to lift most of the legal restrictions still in force.

From Monday, 9 August, the current limits on the number of people who can meet up will be dropped, as will social distancing rules in most settings.

This means nightclubs will be allowed to reopen, and larger crowds will be allowed to gather for indoor and outdoor events - although organisers of large events will still need to apply to local councils for permission.

The rules around self-isolation will also change, meaning that fully-vaccinated adults who are identified as a close contact of a positive case will no longer have to isolate if they return a negative PCR test.

The government is still considering whether a certificate proving people have been vaccinated will be needed to enter "higher-risk" events.

Ms Sturgeon confirmed that a "Covid status certification" app was under development, but said she was "considering very carefully" whether such a scheme would be appropriate.

She also said she would not hesitate to take the "tough decision" to re-impose some local restrictions if there was a serious outbreak of the virus, saying the government "will seek to take whatever action is necessary to keep the country safe".

While most restrictions will be lifted, a number of "mitigations" will remain in place, with Ms Sturgeon saying the harm of the virus "cannot be underestimated".

The use of face coverings in enclosed spaces like shops, hospitality venues and public transport will remain "for some time" to come, and venues will still be expected to collect customer details for contact tracing.

The first minister said it was "vital" that the return to working in offices was a gradual one, saying employers should consider a "hybrid" model of home and in-office work.

See the link for more.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ImogenM
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: How are rules changing in Scotland? : From Monday 9 August most remaining legal restrictions end

Post by ImogenM »

We've been told in my DO (in Scotland) that van sharing is back from Monday 9 August.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
My BFF Clash