ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is Covid isolation hitting Isle of Wight mail service?

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Is Covid isolation hitting Isle of Wight mail service?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1947 ... l-service/

Isle of Wight postal deliveries may be being hit by the 'pingdemic', according to social media.

Island Facebook groups suggest there are upwards of 30 postmen and women self-isolating at the moment, with expected mail not arriving at Island homes.

The Royal Mail would not confirm or deny the rumours but issues a carefully worded statement to the Isle of Wight County Press.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority.

"In a limited number of areas, we are experiencing some disruption to services due to Covid-related absences. In impacted areas, we are focused on providing as comprehensive a service as possible to our customers.

"We would like to reassure customers in the Isle of Wight that our teams are working hard to deliver the best service possible and minimise any disruption that may be caused by Covid-related absences.”

Many people on social media expressed their appreciation of the work of postmen and women and wished them well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."