ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail disruption as Newton Abbot delivery office affected by Covid outbreak

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail disruption as Newton Abbot delivery office affected by Covid outbreak

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... ot-5680117

A positive case at the building has led to a large number of staff having to self-isolate

Royal Mail has confirmed that deliveries will be disrupted after a positive case of Covid-19 caused large number of staff to isolate in their Newton Abbot office.

A small number of employees have now returned to work at the town's delivery office in Forde Court after services started to be affected towards the end of last week.

However, Royal Mail has said that disruption could continue into next week.

A spokesperson said: “A number of colleagues are self-isolating at Newton Abbot Delivery Office following positive cases of Covid-19. We wish our colleagues a speedy recovery.

“The impact on staffing levels may result in some disruption to services and we apologise to any impacted customers in advance.

“We are working hard to restore normal service levels as quickly as possible and if anyone has any concern about their mail, please contact customer services. “

The delivery office has told residents they are currently prioritising only parcels and NHS letters for delivery in the TQ12 and TQ13 postcode areas to ensure essential mail reaches residents.

Royal Mail says they hope to slowly return to full service, including the delivery of all letters, by the weekend but warn that disruption could last until Monday.

That return could also be dependent on whether there are any new self-isolation “pings” among staff.

From August 16 anyone who has received both doses of the Covid vaccine will no longer have to isolate after coming into contact with someone with the virus but until then numbers of people self-isolating continues to rise.

The latest information from the government said that over half a million people had been given self-isolation alerts in the first week of July and the number of notifications were increasing at an exponential rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."