ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail confirms Covid case at Hereford sorting office

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail confirms Covid case at Hereford sorting office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/busi ... ng-office/

ROYAL Mail workers in Hereford have been forced to self-isolate after one member of staff testing positive for coronavirus, with deliveries affected by the staff shortages.

The case was found in the Hereford delivery office, a spokesperson for Royal Mail said, and the health of safety of colleagues and customers remained the priority.

In an email to business customers this week, Royal Mail said collections in the HR1 to HR9 postcodes, effectively all of Herefordshire, might not be made.

A Royal Mail Spokesperson said: “The health and safety of our colleagues and our customers is our number one priority at Royal Mail.

"A number of colleagues are self-isolating at the Hereford Delivery Office following a positive case of Covid-19. We wish our colleagues a speedy recovery.

"The impact on staffing levels may result in some disruption to services and we apologise to any impacted customers in advance.

"We are working hard to restore normal service levels as quickly as possible. We remain grateful to all our customers in these areas for their patience and understanding.

"If anyone has any concern about their mail please contact customer services."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."