ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Northwich post boxes full of home test kits say Royal Mail

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Northwich post boxes full of home test kits say Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/new ... 299664445/

A SURGE in people taking advantage of Covid home testing kits has caused many post boxes around Northwich to be full.

According to the town's MP, Royal Mail has laid on extra collections in the area because postboxes were constantly full due to the sheer number of Covid home testing kits being returned.

Weaver Vale MP Mike Amesbury said his office had received many phone calls and e-mails from people living in his constituency to say they were having problems.

He said: "I made contact with Royal Mail after receiving phone calls and emails from constituents struggling to post their PCR tests due to postboxes in and around the town remaining full.

"Residents had to resort to handing ‘used’ test kits to postal delivery staff on their rounds after being unable to post them.

"Royal Mail confirmed there has been a huge uplift in deliveries of home test kits recently – yesterday (Sunday) no fewer than 957 kits were delivered to customers living in Northwich and Winsford.

"I am grateful the operations manager has now offered reassurances extra collections are being carried out and customers should have no difficulties returning the test kits moving forward."

The Labour MP went on to say how Royal Mail will ensure postbox usage in the area will continue to be monitored.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Northwich post boxes full of home test kits say Royal Mail

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Couldn't the local council arrange for a handful of drop-off points that RM could collect from?
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Northwich post boxes full of home test kits say Royal Mail

Post by nutcracker »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 10:35
Couldn't the local council arrange for a handful of drop-off points that RM could collect from?
Covered skips in every locality for the third wave?
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.