ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail post delays in Oxfordshire raised in Parliament

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail post delays in Oxfordshire raised in Parliament

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19243 ... arliament/

ROYAL Mail customers in parts of Oxfordshire have been experiencing delays for a number of months.

MP for Wantage David Johnston raised the problem in Parliament on Thursday last week after continuous complains from his constituents.

People in the town and the surrounding areas have faced lengthy postal delays during the pandemic, with some residents abandoned without post for weeks.

In a speech in Parliament, the Conservative MP said: “Our postmen and women work hard but something is wrong in how the service is operating – not least it seems that parcels are prioritised over letters and cards.

“The problems are affecting many areas of the country and I have been applying each time I can for the MP ballot where we can secure a debate in Parliament to raise any topic.

“I am now also collecting signatures from MPs of all parties to try and secure a debate from the Backbench Business Committee which can also allocate debates.

“In the meantime, I am sending every complaint I receive to Royal Mail HQ, so if you haven’t written to me yet please do so at david.johnston.mp@parliament.uk.”

In December last year, residents accused the local Royal Mail depot for a ‘postal backlog’, however, the service argued that no delays have been reported in the depot.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."