ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Almost 60,000 BT workers will receive GBP1,500 pandemic bonus

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Almost 60,000 BT workers will receive GBP1,500 pandemic bonus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.scotsman.com/business/almos ... us-3176340

Nearly 60,000 frontline workers at telecoms giant BT are to get a £1,500 special bonus in recognition of their efforts during the pandemic.

The group said 59,000 of its key workers will receive £1,000 in cash in June and £500 will be awarded in shares under its employee share scheme after three years.

The payout - costing BT £110 million - is equivalent to around 5% of average employee salary, according to the group.

Philip Jansen, BT chief executive said: "Our frontline colleagues and key workers have been true heroes, keeping everyone connected in this most difficult time.

"BT has delivered for our customers through the dedication of all our people, but inevitably the pandemic hit our financial performance, like that of most companies.

"In this context, we have to prioritise and I am determined that we will do everything in our power to reward our frontline colleagues."

The group has been playing an important role during the pandemic, helping keep Britain connected as many people have been working from home.

Previously, BT awarded its entire 100,000 workforce shares worth £500 for each employee last June to reward their efforts during the crisis.

The latest bonus comes despite a pay freeze across the company and amid an ongoing dispute with trade unions over BT's overhaul plans.

Employee members of the Communication Workers Union (CWU) are voting over industrial action in a row over jobs, which threatens the first national strike at BT in more than 30 years.

The dispute over compulsory redundancies and the closure of sites, has been running for more than a year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

twoloops

Re: Almost 60,000 BT workers will receive GBP1,500 pandemic bonus

Post by twoloops »

I would imagine Royal Mails top brass are planning the same kind of generosity for its workforce :chuckle
shepherdess

Post by shepherdess »

I hope the same union are drafting a letter to royal mail management
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its a bung, there is a ballot for a strike at BT, so their management has decided to bring forwards something they probably budgeted in months ago.

No sure how long £1,500 will last when you are made redundant.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
portadown

Post by portadown »

I would take it yes but i would be looking my pay rise back dated to april 2020 then it would be a bonus