ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special paid leave for Covid sickness and isolation scrapped for NHS workers

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Special paid leave for Covid sickness and isolation scrapped for NHS workers

Post by POSTMAN »

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/special ... s-workers/

The news comes as Covid-19 cases and hospital admissions have started to rise again.
Episodes of sickness or isolation are currently fully paid and do not count toward sickness absence triggers.

“Special” paid leave for Covid-19-related sickness and isolation will be scrapped later this month, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has announced.

Withdrawl of the NHS staff terms and conditions section of the COVID-19 workforce guidance will occur later this month, reverting how sickness absence and self-isolation will be managed for NHS staff in England back to pre-pandemic arrangements.

Currently, episodes of sickness absence related to Covid-19 are fully paid for all workers, regardless of their length of service, and do not count towards sickness absence triggers.

From July 7, access to the “special” paid leave provision for self-isolation and dedicated sick pay for new episodes of Covid-19 will come to an end.

Reverting to pre-pandemic terms.
This means that all NHS staff will revert to normal contractual sick pay arrangements, and any absence from work will likely count towards sickness absence triggers.

Staff currently away from work with a Covid-19-related illness will be subject to a transition period from July 7 to August 31. NHS managers are being advised to meet with staff to explain this timeline.

The news comes as Covid-19 cases and hospital admissions have started to rise again.

Further guidance about the changes will be developed by NHS Staff Council and shared with trusts in the coming days.

NHS workers in Wales will be subject to similar changes, while the HSC in Northern Ireland has not yet announced any changes.

Neglectful and unfair.
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has warned the changes are “neglectful and unfair”.

RCN England Director Patricia Marquis said, “This decision is hugely disappointing given that COVID-19 clearly hasn’t gone away, and nursing staff continue to be disproportionately affected by the virus as they face higher risk of exposure.

“We know many of our members are suffering from long COVID, with their lives adversely affected making them unable to work. Facing the threat of losing full sick pay should they remain off sick from a condition some could argue is an occupational hazard, is neglectful and unfair.

“It’s another indication of how little the UK government values its nursing staff. NHS pay is barely enough to make ends meet at the best of times, and this will be another blow for some struggling with COVID-19-related health issues.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Special paid leave for Covid sickness and isolation scrapped for NHS workers

Post by Numberone63 »

Great stuff. Both my wife and I have had zero time off due to the scamdemic. Yet some people in my office (might be the union rep. I ain’t saying that). Have had weeks upon weeks upon weeks off ‘with it’. It being the scamdemic.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Special paid leave for Covid sickness and isolation scrapped for NHS workers

Post by aiden01 »

Numberone63 wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 21:13
Great stuff. Both my wife and I have had zero time off due to the scamdemic. Yet some people in my office (might be the union rep. I ain’t saying that). Have had weeks upon weeks upon weeks off ‘with it’. It being the scamdemic.
Just think how lucky you an your wife are that youse have never had covid ffs. scamdemic why???
iHateD2Ds

Post by iHateD2Ds »

This is not going to go down well and will only lead to more nurses , doctors and auxiliaries leaving/ retiring from the NHS earlier.
Bullying management “get the job done” attitude ,the same kind RM has taken too.